Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Hardware Associate

You will learn about how to exactingly arrange store shelf tags every year to fit new items, then have to creatively fit items to them due to stocking fluctuations of returns after sales finish. I surprised an actual policewoman with a tale, but usually the customers range from new-electronics-buyers to quick-purchasers stereotypical to retail workers. Good place to learn cash-work, electronics, a little of everything, plenty of second-job takers or mothers working part-time as coworkers. Everyone has something to teach.
Pros
Hour long lunches!
Cons
The very definition of vanilla retail work, don't be the one to clean the bathrooms
You had to be on your feet for this job! I found the fast pace of the environment helped to get through the day but Im not going to lie at the end of the day I was wiped out. I dont mind the fast pace of the workplace in fact I welcome it. Management could have been more structured in some ways but I found if help was needed it was there and they worked with me to make sure I was doing the best I possibly could.