Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Greeter

I started working in Walmart Ajax 2010, as an overnight maintenance, doing janitorial, machine repair and helping other stockers. Very friendly personal and opportunities for advancement. If you work full time benefits included not so for part-time
Pros
good benefits, good people
Cons
fair pay for fair work
Employees are easy to work with and are very concerned about fellow employees. They like to make your day easy. The hardest part of my job is trying to not get upset about what customers say . The most enjoyable part is when customers say "Thank You" for your service .
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
Comfortable hours to work around
At Walmart The environment is pretty stressful, and if you are just like me (Front line Associate) then keep self respect at home before coming to work because you will surely meet at least 1 customer who would spoil your entire mood. Has happened with me before!
Overall I think walmart is a good place to work. The staff are hard working and wonderful to work with. Management is very approachable. I liked working there.
I loved working as a greeter ,I am a person who sees no difference in people !All treated with respect !I am a people person as my stars prove me to be Kept my area of work tidy
Pros
Shorter hours as I am a senior
Responsible for organizing schedules, Excellent professional communication skills Work independently Time management Strong computer skill Good listening skills
I had an extremly positive experience with Walmart for the most part. The saddest thing is 82% of people live under the poverty line. Excellent service and Lower prices don't always add up to good life
I enjoy working at walmart.good managemant.good working environment.lot oppurtunity for advancement .lot other emplyee benrfits like discount cards.i like this company
There is no room for advancement! The pay is minimum wage! The work is easy. The work is boring! I did not enjoy working there as I need a challenge and excitement!!!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
My days at Walmart go very productive. I learn better communication skills at Walmart. Management at Walmart is appreciable. People at Walmart is very welcoming and friendly. As a greeter I sometimes found my self less experienced for back store activities. I enjoy interacting with people most.
I work as a greeter as well as security for the store by checking receipts. The job also have additional work such as customer service and shelving. This job has helped me achieve a brighter personality where I can handle customers and helped achieve working in a team.
Working at Walmart was a fun and educating experience, the managers and associates were quite helpful especially if the employee is new. Starting at Walmart I learned how to use a lot of equipment's as well as finding out were they are stored so its easy to find when its needed or put away when finished. There weren't much difficult things at work so I wont comment on it since overall it was a nice experience.
This is not a place to work if you are looking for security, and looking to advance. If they hold the slightest grudge against you for any reason you are not going to get anywhere fast and will look for ways to get you to quit.
The People Greeter job is the worst job ever don't ever do it. All you do is stand at the door and say hi to the customers and the time just drags out.
Pros
Cons
Standing and doing nothing at all.
At Walmart, some days I am greeter at the front door welcoming customers on the way in and thanking them for their business on the way out. A very positive shopping experience is essential. Checking receipts on the way out. Guide customers through the store. Carry outs with large items. Making sure electric scooters are accessible and fully charged for customers. I also get shopping carts from the parking lot when needed. When sales floor associate I am stocking shelves while helping customers find everything in dry foods. I am always looking to advance my career. I enjoy working at Walmart because my job is to help people and provide a positive experience. Its also permanent.
Pros
permanent
Cons
slow to train, limited advancement potential
Excellent place to work. I enjoyed greeting and talking to the customers. Checking receipts for electronics was enjoyable. Working indoors was good when it was raining outside
Long standing job lots of duties no breaks on time no full time opportunity all the time management looks new people and students don’t want to pay benefits just 10% discount but so many racism rules between full time and part time no hours no equal incentive no equal behaviour from management.
Pros
So many rules for new no rules and discipline for copper, silver and gold bagtch employees even co manager and store managers also scary from them
Cons
Long hours for full time short for part even equal availability
not very fun you sit there ask cutomers for recipts bad pay mean cutomers but goo co workers ok manager no benfits except ur 10% discount I would rather had been on cash
Not flexible, no raises, no promotions, not treated properly. I walked out of the job. Management did not listen to my requests for what hours. Got in trouble for being in the hospital, basically a terrible place to work.
Pros
Discount and fun crew environment
Cons
everything else
The Manager of the store Nadia is very warm, friendly and encouraging. Staff are promoted from within whenever possible and if a staff member has applied for a promotion and does not quite have the experience, Nadia will move the employee to a suitable area of the store where the staff member can gain the required experience. Staff receive a 10% discount on Walmart purchases, a discount for cell phone service and an annual bonus.
I had to stand around for too long at a time. It was very boring job. I would never work at Walmart ever again. They don't appreciate their employees.