Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for General Manager

Loved working with the people at this store. Feel people are not paid their worth, while lazy people get paid the same. Feel managers should praise work well done more, instead of emphasizing on only work not well done.
When I was first hired I was under the impression that I would be there temporarily for three months, which was fine with me. I would work to get a second job within that three months and so on. As far as I can tell the management and staff at the new Wal-Mart are very nice, the only problem is that there is not enough of them, and customers coming into that store barely ever see them (except at the check out). During my two weeks there I was trained, but I did feel as if the training were adequate. To be fair they have a lot on their plate, and on talking to some people I was told not to worry about certain things (such as cash training), and to just focus on the basics (stocking shelves, making sure department is presentable, and providing good customer service). During the second week I was let go; I was informed that I was only needed up until Christmas Eve. I have no problem with being seasonal, but as I mentioned before I was to be there for three months--not two weeks!Overall I was glad to have the work, but not overly enthused at not being properly informed.The job itself wasn't hard at all, and once I got used to the layout of the store it was quite enjoyable. All in all those two weeks affirmed for me once more something that I have learned over the years: focus on the customer, do the best you can for them service wise, and if you make a mistake they'll be more likely to overlook that.
Pros
managers are very nice
Cons
not organized
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?