Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Garden Associate

This job is not for slackers, you will be doing multiple tasks at once as it can get a bit demanding. Do your job well and listen to you supervisors and you'll move up!
When I started my job as a Cashier I was excited but after few days I came to know that it is not worth working company. Lack of shifts. But actual problem came when I started as a Garden associate in April 2020.things were very unorganized and as a result I saw very disappointed customer faces and every day changing rules makes job impossible.
Working at walmart, was a very good job experience. I got to interact with customers and help them find the items they needed, as well as helped them load heavy items. The people I worked with were very nice, and were always there to help me out when I got flustered and needed help. We all got along well, so it was easy to talk to everyone I worked with.
Lousy working environment..very toxic atmosphere. They care only & I do mean only about customers. The management have no qualifications of being managment.
Worked garden center and handled customer inquiries and dealt with the upkeep of the plants. a refreshing job with very little supervision. constant work available so never a moment when you have nothing to do but its not overwhelming work.
Pros
great regular hours
Cons
customers stole sometimes
good place to start work good people 3 weeks notice of when you are going to work. mangers are very nice, always somthing to do not to far right in the the city good hours
-Boring environment -Strict break hours -Strict time-in time-out schedule -Low interaction rate with people -Don't get to see what time of day it is. -Calm enviroment
There was a wide range of employees, staff was always welcoming and understanding. No matter what I always had someone that made my shift much more enjoyable, almost always a great group of staff.
Worked as a Cashier in the Garden Centre and Cashier for the Grocery Dept. as well. Logged into Cashier, water flowers and plants. Cleaned store area. P>O>S system training and grocery bagging.
I feel like walmart did not really care and realize I was a person and more just cared about the work I did. I feel like if the managers and higher ups were more involved with the workers the environment would be great.
A typical day at work would be putting away stalk, cleaning my department and making sure it looks presentable. Learning to work with other and collaborating with them on bigger projects like setting up an entire department for a seasonal occasion was a great learning experience. Also, having the support of the entire team and management helps with developing my skills and getting the tasks done right and on time.
it is a good place to work, learned about customer services, doing my job and finishing my task on time.. the management is ok not perfect with schedules, respect for associates.love working with my fellow associate