Walmart

Walmart Pay & benefits reviews: Fulfillment Associate

I’ve only started here and already it’s not worth the $14.25 an hour for part time work. The hours are awful as well. 5am start times..I mean if you are an early bird it will work for you. Good luck getting your availability approved. I said I can only work starting at 8am and they disregarded that and scheduled me for 5am and 6am shifts. The actual training part is useless. You barley get enough training for the department you are in. You will also get called by your manager every day you aren’t scheduled to ask if you want to come in for a shift, if you are only hiring for part time why call to get us to come in? Instead just schedule full time hours at that point. You don’t get the 10% discount till after 90 days and 6 months for benefits. This location also has lots of drama from what I’ve actually heard when sitting in the lunch room, lots of sketchy people talking about other people. Some other co workers are rude, they think they can tell us to do something and they don’t even work in our department.
Pros
You get an hour break if you work 8 hours, uniform is casual
Cons
No flexibility, managers aren’t good, co workers are rude, early hours
You are provided virtually zero training besides the useless CBL (Computer Based Learning) modules; yet management imposes unrealistically high expectations on both the quality and sheer SPEED at which they expect you to complete the abundance of tasks they assign to you. Expect to frequently feel lost, learn on the fly, and ask many questions to any fellow associate kind enough to be willing to help, (there are a few who are excellent and make the job bearable in the few times you have the chance to interact with them. However, you will likely encounter other experienced associates who are seemingly apathetic to your status as a novice associate and will behave dismissively or completely ignore you).You receive little to no appreciation for the strenuous hard work you invest into each shift, but your mistakes are quick to be pointed out and magnified in a demeaning manner. If you are young, be wary of fulfillment departments in which there is a significant gap in age between that of your contemporaries and yourself. Otherwise, expect to be consistently condescended to and treated with an overarching persistent cold and brash attitude by your more senior co-workers and managers. In my month of employment, I have experienced instances of intense belittling, passive aggression, and a stark contrasting general disregard towards myself in spite of my efforts to be courteous and pleasant to all I interact with.Ensure that you are in decent shape before considering accepting a role in fulfillment, as this is a very physically demanding job; in addition to the emotional toll - more...
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Overbearing Work Load. Harsh and Overall Poor Management.
Overall, it's not a bad job. The culture isn't the best, no-one wants to share information on how to do the job most efficiently. The managers are quick to point out mistakes and slow to show appreciation.It is a good job for those that simply need an unskilled job. They want staff to do far more work than the rate of pay warrants, leaving everyone feeling taken advantage of.
Pros
No special skills required
Cons
Demanding for rate of pay
I am working their since feb 2019 to present(august 2020) and my salary is 13.25$/ hour which is almost minimum wage. wt d heck. stressfull and fast paced, no good parties, they just give chips in parties of their own production conpany”great value” which are not tasty. they just give minimum wage in starting.
It's good to work here. A safe place with good culture. It's a good place for students to start. Has all the opportunities for pay and position raise.
It's an ok place to work . Some people are friendly. Others think there all that and more. On the wage paid you can't make a living . Will need an extra job.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Pay sucks
Good company with lots of experienced co workers. Pay was little low, night shifts are bit difficult to manage. Work life balance was not up to the mark.
Pros
Cons
Pay
I worked as a temp for 3 months in the GHS department and it was a pretty nice way to spend my summer. Coworkers were all very nice. Work varied day to day which kept things interesting. It was a bit stressful some days but not terribly so. They gave me lots of hours. Sometimes they would change my schedule the night before which I wasn't a huge fan of. Overall it's an alright summer job for students. I do not think it would have been as nice long term though, I would have wanted to be paid above minimum wage if I was working indefinitely for them.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
unreliable schedule
Worked the night shift for 3 months, managment was terrible they banned listening to music for one shift and all the rest would not be punished for listening to music. Workload was worth way more than the pay especially when you're the only male on the team with a whole team of tiny skinny students. Benefits are great if you last long enough working there. Don't expect to get any higher if you don't speak french.
Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Paid fairly and getting desired shifts and working hours. Flexible time table the supervisor cooperates in changing given time table to the desired shift.
I worked at the Belleville location for 18 months as overnight fulfilment and it was probably the worst 18 months of my entire life. Management was constantly under informed, didn’t know what was going on, I had to change my banking information because they tried charging me for benefits I didn’t even ask for and then they couldn’t get me paid through direct deposit for almost 9 weeks. snakes,
Pros
Fun staff because they hate it there too
Cons
Everything and anything about walmart
Good management Good workers to work with Fairly hourly wage Relaxed work environment Good team Good managers Good company with great potential Good experience
it was a good place to work for great benefits and experience family style. Great ways to learn products. Life skills as well as learning till or customer experience. Working as a team
Pros
family benefits family style
Cons
fast pace stress on body
There is lots of lifting, and the amount of work to do sometimes doesn't add up to the amount of staffing required. but overall, the shift goes by quickly.
Walmart is a good place to work and they work with you with scheduling. Management is always there when needed, whether it's personal or work related.
Walmart did not pay very well or hire as full time so benefits were hard to come by. The company was flexible when it came to scheduling around my hockey career.
Best place to work. Nice environment Best people to work with Good pay rate Salary on time Best in business Nice place to work Experience gaining Perfect.
Managers try. You put in what you get out of it. It's labour, some hard labour. Meet good people and ft excellent life experiences. Can be bad just like any other work place though.
Working at Walmart was good and Work envoirnment was good but didn't get enough hours of work per week and pay raise was not up to the par and very minimal.
Very stressful and laborious, especially for the pay (minimum wage). I was trying to balance it with school but was unable to because it was highly physically tasking. Coworkers were nice and collaborative though. Overall, it wasn’t too much of a bad experience.
As a short term job, especially part time, Walmart is satisfactory as a job, but full-time or long term employment involves little to no pay raise, few benefits (partial dental, medical, and accidental death/injury payouts) that must be paid in to per paycheque, ever increasing stress from inconsistent management, and even chronic physical pain from the pace, albeit not much.