Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Fulfillment Associate

I inspect all the produce on the display tables overnight. I remove bad stuff. We wear steel toe boots, use pallet jacks, and lift up to 50lbs frequently.
I love my job. I have no words to define how I feel. I really enjoy working at Walmart. Overall, Walmart is a great place for work, shop and everything.
Management puts tremendous stress on associates to finish all the freight when sometimes you get 7 skids to yourself to work. They can’t keep any of the good associates. If you are a good worker there is constant pressure on you and when you decide enough is enough they go out of their way to make you feel like you are a piece of trash. The only problems they seem to care about are the ones that aren’t even problems. I used to love my job under different management and now the culture is work yourself do death or get a different one but only for certain people.
It's a job, the management is great and love to help. A lot of room growth and development. The most enjoyable about the job is the staff that come with it, the hardest is learning some stuff you might not know such as using a cashier, but the training and managers are understandable.
Pros
Management is great, and they have a open door policy
Cons
Can be tough on the body if you work a lot
Overall, it's not a bad job. The culture isn't the best, no-one wants to share information on how to do the job most efficiently. The managers are quick to point out mistakes and slow to show appreciation.It is a good job for those that simply need an unskilled job. They want staff to do far more work than the rate of pay warrants, leaving everyone feeling taken advantage of.
Pros
No special skills required
Cons
Demanding for rate of pay
The overnight staff is expected to do the same work as the day Fullfillment people yet the day crew do not have to zone and clean like over nights. Or correct the mistakes of the day crew.
Cons
Never the same shifts, sometimes a day off, then work a day, then off people cannot survive on a schedule that isn’t allowing for enough hours
Management doesn’t communicate and has unrealistic expectations which can cause body strain. The schedules were horrible and sometimes worked 9 days in a row because they let the weeks run into each other. Wouldn’t work there again
Pros
Learned new things
Cons
I was apart if another team when I joined, it didn't go so well so I switched to the backroom and honestly I love my crew and the work keeps you busy.
Great job overall, more stock than ever with Covid-19. Great overnight management team and co-workers. Hours (11pm-7am) make it hard to see your family/significant other as you're sleeping most of the day.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
grate work experience, related to my field, i learned about the sustainability programs of Walmart, how it is beneficial for customers services and better life.
I am working their since feb 2019 to present(august 2020) and my salary is 13.25$/ hour which is almost minimum wage. wt d heck. stressfull and fast paced, no good parties, they just give chips in parties of their own production conpany”great value” which are not tasty. they just give minimum wage in starting.
The interview and hiring process is easy enough, that’s what lures you in. After, you get harassed by managers to perform miracles within an obscene given time frame. Part timers get no respect and do the most work. Coworkers is what get you through the day solely by encouraging eachother that the shift is almost over. You go in every shift thinking it will be good to have the same results over and over again. This job is the definition of insanity. Horrible discount as well.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Ses un bon endroit a travailler tout depend du manager car walmart change de manager tout les 4 ans donc tu sais jamais si tu va avoir quelqun de bien mais en un gros tout l'endroit est correct
Pros
les employer son récompenser, valoriser, les employeur son compréhensif
Cons
salaire pas avantageux, engage juste a temps partielle le 3/4 du temps
There's groupism.. nepotism.. you name any type of favoritism, they have it.. they have more variety in favoritism than they have in the race of employees hired.
Pros
Skill add, looks good on CV
Cons
Too many to list
Unless you like too work hard , required to put forth an effort more than other associates in order to complete your own personal work requirements. Bring Health and Safety issues to your managers who don't act upon correcting the issues for you and the buying customers safety. Managers who disclose personal information to other store associates. Managers and support managers working unsafely and working in such a manor that it puts other workers/associates at a potential risk of slips ,trips and fall injuries. No quality control or working improvements given by any form of managers or higher up to improve associates abilities or improve upon efficiency and to do the job correctly. Requests for products to be brought down from a high storage location from back warehouse takes multiple requests over multiple days. Broken , missing and unusable items are either left on the sales floor or left in the back part of the store with hand written sign of " do not use" instead of being repaired or discarded for safety of the customers , employees and general look of the store. This is the responsibility and care that is needed from the store owner to the newly hired associate. Senior managers critizing about other work groups not doing their jobs. Washrooms in disrepair, weeks to fix broken toilets and urinals if not longer. . If you like to smell body odour of associates both men and women. Dirty , hot, fly infested, having to listen to video chat phone calls in non English, during breaks in the lunch room. Having other ethnic groups talk their native - more...
Pros
Associate discount card given after 3 months of employment.
Cons
Everything listed above in comment section.
It's good to work here. A safe place with good culture. It's a good place for students to start. Has all the opportunities for pay and position raise.
It's an ok place to work . Some people are friendly. Others think there all that and more. On the wage paid you can't make a living . Will need an extra job.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Pay sucks
Good job culture Cooperative staff and coworkers Discounted sales for associates Further discount in total purchase Incentives during Covid-19 Sharing advantage Good working environment
I worked as part time overnight Fulfillment associate during weekends with Walmart Canada between September 2014 and August 2016. As Overnight Fulfillment associate, I was responsible for stocking merchandise on the correct counter in the correct space according to the label or instructions ensuring stability, filling floor plans and modular with correct merchandise, securing heavy display items to avoid tip overs, writing and securing merchandise price information on small to medium sized signs, collecting boxes and making bails for recycling using the a compactor as well as zoning the department(s) and front-facing the merchandise.
Pros
Guaranteed minimum hours and embrace of technology
Cons
Reduced hours during slow sales seasons like in winter months
I was a fulfillment associate in St vital walmart. The task was easy if you remembered which cart the items should go on. Coworkers were great, however, the manager is by far the worst manager I've ever worked for. For the first month of my job, I got great shifts but then the manager informed all new employees that our shifts would be cut. I ended up getting ONLY TWO SHIFTS IN TWO MONTHS! I tried talking to my manager and he said he would look into it, but he never followed up on it. After the two months, I had ZERO SHIFTS and I spoke to him multiple times about this. Everytime I spoke to him, he said he will look into it but he NEVER does. After another two months of nothing happening, I was let go of and they never told me why.
Pros
15 percent discount on all products if you work for 3 months
Cons
Amnesiac Manager
Good company with lots of experienced co workers. Pay was little low, night shifts are bit difficult to manage. Work life balance was not up to the mark.
Pros
Cons
Pay
  1. Fulfillment Associate