Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Front End Manager

I have worked in two different areas of the business. One within the office and one on the sales floor. There is room to grow within the company and to be promoted from within.
An excellent place to learn/excel. Learn to work with/appreciate different cultures. Continuous fast paced working environment that promotes, gives bonuses, provides customer service.
Pros
Promotions/Bonuses
When you work in a Walmart store there is so much that always needs to get done. So very quickly it's taught that whatever it takes to get the job done, as long as it's being done safely, is good enough for Walmart. Working in Walmart Store(s) over the course of my career has better prepared me for the work place. It gave me the opportunity to understand company culture and appreciate when it's there. It has probably over prepared me for any customer interaction I could ever have in the future.
Working for walmart was a consant negative experience with racial overtones from upper managment
In working from a associate level to reaching many management roles Walmart providing an outstanding amount of resources to achieve this career opportunity. I enjoyed working for this larger retailer for many yrs.
I learned how to manage the front end of the store, the hardest part of the job is when I needed to go to the bathroom and it was busy.
Provides excellence in service to customers and seeks to meet customer needs and expectations in a timely and professional manner. Ensures strong community presence and reflects the needs of consumers.  Implements, monitors and oversees the inventory flow including the in-stock and ordering of merchandise while protecting company assets by identifying opportunities to prevent shrink. Driving sales volume in store . Aligns business goals to company values and growth strategies. Identifies strategies to build business growth and executes ideas to achieve a competitive advantage.  Establishing and maintaining adequate and accurate inventory levels. Demonstrates the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Communicates and enforces company policies and procedures for proper compliance. Integrates customer needs and market trends into plans for capitalizing on business development and improvement initiatives.  Recruits top talent, retains, coaches and motivates future leaders. Uses appropriate methods to help build and engage teams and sets the direction and structure for team members. Takes ownership of work and promotes accountability to ensure work is completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
Pros
good culture
Enjoy working with the team in developing talent and career paths.
Walmart has been an opportunity for me to work on some of my weakness's. I have had the chance to learn from my peers and to grow in each position I have held. The management team in each store I have worked in have been supportive of my growth and have shared their knowledge and experience with me. The most difficult part of my job is being patient and waiting for each step of advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunity to engage with the many different personalities that have worked for me, or with me in each position. I have learned that Walmart is a forever changing company and with each change you meet new challenges and new opportunity.
Pros
Benefits, Stakeholders programs, advancement opportunities
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
I have filled various positions in my time with Walmart, from cashier to Front End Manager and everything in between., including Personnel Manager for a store of 300+ associates.My co-workers make each day an entertaining experience.Being very short-staffed, the hardest part of my day is continuously ensuring no line ups occur at the front registers.
Pros
store discount of 10%
Cons
short staffed
The company philosophy is fantastic, but putting the company practices to work in each location can be a struggle depending on the employee pool to choose from, and co workers / management can make or break a lasting career with a company.
Pros
great benefits for full time associates
Cons
some management have unrealistic expectations of associates
A typical day as a Front End Manager is providing excellent customer service, managing a team of one hundred associates and ensuring that they are all completing their daily tasks promptly and efficiently. I hold weekly meetings about policy and procedure, budget and expenses and I deal with any questions or concerns immediately. In this field I have learned that you need to have superior organizational skills and practice excellent time management. The hardest part of my job is dividing the time to meet with everyone on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is the rewarding feeling that I get when I have helped develop an associate to achieve their goals in order to further their career.
Pros
ability to raise money for many charities accross canada
Cons
large turn over