Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Front End Associate

Pay was low, minimum wage at the time. I was never paid for 1 vacation date that I was due. Even when I called their head office and spoke to someone I basically got ignored and never got paid. The supervisor at the time told me not to take my day off before I left to work until the end and I would get paid on my final paycheck which I never did. I feel cheated by such a large corporation for what is peanuts to them. This particular manager did not care about me. Sadly she still works there.
Pros
Good part time to earn extra money.
Cons
Late shifts, not enough hours.
Most of the workers here are students or those in between jobs. It's a great place to meet and interact with new faces that may become friends. I would recommend this job to anyone, it is suitable for any age group.
Management gives you dirty looks if you are sick. They wont aprove shift changes. No one is happy there. They dont appreciate hard workers they just want more. No chance of moving up or getting a raise.
I was basically a seasonal worker. Christmas time was extremely stressful since this was my first job, and the management did not understand how to help me manage the job and school.
no moving up pick up all the extra shifts always helping out was promised management role brought a 17 year old in and asked me to train her for the same role
Very fast-pace, makes it enjoy-able because long shifts seem to go by faster. The management at the Walmart location i was at were very understanding and easy to approach.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
inconsistent hours
Staff were nice to be around, learning the codes was a good challenge, and the break room parties were a lot of fun. I really miss working there and the people I worked with.
Pros
Discount and backroom events
Cons
short breaks, and poor management
Found they were very lenient when it came to training, to make you the best employee they could. Have not found a similar job than the Walmart at the Salmon Arm location.
Its nice to work at Walmart because they follow the rules a lot however sometimes the environment can become exhausting because of customers. The management is understanding and professional.
Pros
Professional management
Cons
I liked it. Had fun, hated management for constantly harassing us to push the Walmart master card like I genuinely wanted to tell that dude to shut up so much. Co workers were great, fun work if you knew how to keep yourself entertained, breaks are great, and they constantly treated employees with free food which was nice. Also discount is nice
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Wal-Mart is an okay place to work. Usually decent wages, fun colleagues, and flexible work schedule that allowed us to work other jobs or go to school.
I worked as a cashier, and it was tough on me having to stand long hours 2 1/2 to 3 hours before I got a break, had to bag cart full of groceries which sometimes puts pain on your back. Asking for Walmart reward master card was difficult, I did the asking just was not good enough for the manager I am not a Master Card sales person.
Pros
discount, friendly staff
Cons
Long Hours pain on feet and back and frustration on credit card sales
Cashiers are very nice and help with anything that is needed.. items are bagged accordingly to what has been purchased and it doesn't take long to receive items and leave the store
Pros
Fast services
Cons
Hard to navigate
Walmart's part time flex is accommodating to students. When I was attending college, Walmart was the only company that would work around my availability.
professional and fair but did not enjoy the job. did not get the chance to interact with other coworkers in the cashier position and it was tiring work.
I was a cashier who worked on the busiest cash registers as I was fast and accurate (have a lot of experience dealing with customers and cash). The management were nice. The hardest part of this job was the various hours one had to work with the minimum wage (this was a survival job for me until I got into a clerical job which I have been trained for and worked in most of my career life). I enjoyed the customers and my co-workers.
Pros
Worked with some nice co-workers and liked working with a variety of customers
Cons
Long hours; shorter hours after Christmas, Easter, low wages
Not the worst place to work, staff was good, management was atrocious, the audacity of the expectations they had for you was unbelievable. You were put under so much pressure for such little reward or respect.
team work quality customer service effective management competitive salary customer relation safety environment customer is the first priority team support friendly customers and associatives
This can be a hard place to work as a cashier. Not enough coverage on busy days. A "full time" employee generally gets 28 hours a week. sometimes less.
Walmart ensures you are well-trained before you start your job. It has a very friendly work environment yet ensures that you adhere to walmart standards.
Pros
Provides extended medical and gives bonuses
Cons
it was amazing to work as a front end cashier in walmart. I enjoyed all the eight months i was there most. customer service managers and fellow cashiers made my experience so memorable
  1. Front End Associate