Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Food Service Associate

Coworkers are either die-hard Walmart Employees or do not have much work ethic. Hours are good. Learned to manage work life with school. The job itself was fairly easy.
Nice company to work with, provide many other benefits, many other fun activities, follows all the workplace hazards rule and certifications. Overall it is a great experience.
Walmart was an alright place to work. I started in dry foods and worked my way to department manager, but I found it very hard to go anywhere with that company if you arent willing to pawn your work off on other people. Must say Multi-departmental in walmart is NOT a good thing.
The workplace is a very competitive one. It is provided with minimal manpower so skill level is high. I learned to be self-reliant but still considering asking assistance if necessary. My co-workers vary in age and nationality, so we must work with this diversity and allow teamwork to be the key for day to day achievement of success. The hardest part of the job is the location is very slow so an instant surge of guests keeps the place very busy. Planning your shift carefully will resolve this sudden spurts of guests. In the workplace the most part I feel enjoyable is serving the guests and getting my tasks done on time.
Pros
Employers good treatment
Cons
Location is too slow gives you a lesser number of manpower esp on winter season.
  1. Food Service Associate