Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Food Manager

As a Food Manager overseeing the deli and meat departments, I was able to learn through new and old management tools and begin to create my mark as a leader. I was able to learn experiences with sifting through resumes and doing phone interviews to determine if they were an applicable candidate. I was able to interact in group interview sessions and potential encourage and help train new employees. I quickly learned scheduling and merchandising in the deli and meat departments. This skill brought to life the techniques and tools I was learning at University in my sales and marketing classes. With Wal-Mart I was able to grow and move through-out the company and learn what tools create a good managers and what personal qualities create a great manager. I had the opportunity at store and home office level to work with mentors that allowed me to interact with as many aspects of the business as possible. I quickly learned that the most enjoyable part of my day were when I got to interact with the products on the sales floor and test different floor layouts and shelving opportunities to best serve the customer. Although I do not work there anymore, I only have good things to say about working for a retailer that took me from a front-end cashier to a seasoned manager with experience at home office through a summer program.
Spend all you time working and still to not have enough time and training. New hires spend their time trying to get more hours. Old associates try to keep a steady scheduled day.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Bad scedualing
* Inventory night was typical work * Teamwork with management team, culture, system of managerial operations * Management team is so nice and cooperative * Co-workers are helpful willingly * Maintain other departments work in the same time was hardest part sometime * Working environment is so nice and friendly and enjoyable
Pros
free breakfast at payday
Cons
Good system
Fun and freidly enviorment. Many chances for advancement. Great benifits.