Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Electronics Associate

-corrupted - slow - no one knows how to do their jobs - scheduled till 10 because you're a student but being guilted into staying till 11because they have no one else to close electronics
Pros
Lots of employee spirit days, slow paced, nice breaks
Cons
Corrupt management, high turn around rate
If your a student then go for it, its a job after all. But if your looking for advancement or good management look else where cause you won't find it here.
Working in Walmart was very productive, fun and fulfilling. My typical day of work was me stocking up the shelves every weekend, it made me learn a sense of responsibility.
Working at Walmart was okay. They cut my hours down so it was hard to make money to pay certain bills but I had many friends there so it made the job better.
Good place for part time and to earn some cash. not great for a career. Minimum wage, poor management structure and communication. No benefits. low job stability.
This was a well managed and well organized Wal-Mart. As a first job it was a good introduction to the work force. Management I always felt was supportive for the most part and would help employees. They worked well to maintain employee morale and kept a far more positive feeling for many of their employees despite being Walmart and it having its rather poor reputation.
Always understaffed and underpaid Wal-Mart likes to keep you probationary for 9 months and work you like a dog. Even if you survive the probationary there is a list of things that can get an employee of any tenure fired instantly, but really should be wrist-slap situations.
I worked at walmart through high school and loved it! they work around your school schedule, and there are a lot of hours available. I worked in electronics and Cashier
Under different management. Bad management when I was there. The area I worked was great. The ones I worked with were great, knowledgeable. Great customer service people.
Wal-Mart seems to like hiring ridiculously unexperienced managers/co-managers who don't care about their staff at all. To them, we are only numbers and they often say they can replace you at any time. Disrespectful, arrogant, won't listen to new ideas, always think they are right. The training is a complete joke, you are thrown in your department and told to "have fun". Management cannot merchandise for the life of them and they cannot make schedules that make any sense at all. The workload is huge and the consecutive work days are frequent because you know what? NOBODY wants to work for a tyrant. Wal-Mart is becoming the biggest joke in the world and to prove that point, they have to hire a third party company to take over their incompetence. DO NOT work for these people, they will suck you dry of all your energy then throw you away like a used tissue. Shame on you Wal-Mart
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Everything else
This is the grossest, most moribund place I've ever had the mispleasure to work at. Management is incompetent, security is powerless and nobody does their job. Thieves abound.
Progression is very slow at Wal-Mart, the benefits are awful. They want to get away with everything as cheaply as possible and it makes it harder to do your job when they cut so many corners to save some pennies.
Pros
Good job security if you're a good worker.
Cons
Heartless management.
Was hired because of the experience electronics with the first 2 weeks of work was fine and after that everything went down hill really fast.After I was trained I would go into work and be told to go work in different department even though I was hired strictly for electronics. I worked with someone who knew nothing about electronics and worst is the wireless people. Wireless people would play on their cell phones directing staff what to do because they did not want to do anything in less it involved them making commission (no commission no work). Pretty much I was doing the wireless people job for them as they would not sell any of there own products that did not pay commission. Policy of Walmart is to allow people to steal right in front of you and your suppose to do nothing just leave them alone. Department managers (which are normal employees who get paid a few dollars more and have manager in their title but aren't real managers) would do nothing but have employees do their work, only would work when an actual manager was watching them. Was called in the office by an actual manager about once a week for different issues. Called in the office for doing the training modules because I did not tell one of the department managers I was doing them.Called in for asking for time off and other times for not listening to the useless department managers to go work in other departments or do their job for them so they look good in the eyes of the actually managers. Employees who worked there awhile would try to talk down to you even though they are 5 foot nothing and think they - more...
Cons
A typical day for me as an electronics associate included: stocking up merchandise in isles, maintaining cleanliness of my department, cashing out customers, processing photo orders, updating the movie MODS, selling Walmart Mastercards and grabbing the carts from outside when needed. Overall, a place to work for a student just to gather up some pocket change and gain some customer service experience.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, easy work
Cons
Managers have unrealistic expectations, sometimes unprofessional
I've work at Walmart for 4 years almost. I love it there been one of the best jobs I've had, but it's time to move on to something, bigger and better.
Pros
1 hour lunches and 2, 15minute breaks
Learned lot of customer service skills to resolve their needs by driving them to products,explaing about products we sell, resolving their shopping concerns and making them leave the with a smile.
Walmart for me was a good experience. I loved working there but the wage wasnt worth the hassle or torment that i endured. there were associates that were hired after I had worked there for three years making more than i was. when ever there was an increase in minimum wage the new associated getting hired would get the increase but no one else. so there is a bunch of associates working for less than minimum wage. they will not allow any flexibility (even though they tell you that they have flexible hours)
It was decent part-time work for a young person, but I don't recommend anyone seek a prolonged career in Walmart. I ended up working 30+ hours in a week plus volunteer work in other businesses in town, and Walmart hardly tried to accomodate the two days a week I asked for time off (even if I scheduled them off 3 weeks in advance).
Pros
Cons
No flexibility
It was a steady job that gave me a moderate amount of work but never strived to push the employees or encourage them. The bosses are friendly and some of the coworkers can be quite pleasant.
very friendly staff very flexible hours very supportive you many opportunities to grow and move up in the company. vacation pay and profit sharing is another bonus
Walmart was a great place to start into sales. I never really learned anything at Walmart because of the amount of IT knowledge I already had. I had to teach the staff, which I found enjoyable, because I was able to pass on the knowledge I had.
  1. Electronics Associate