Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for E-commerce Manager

Meeting with across functional team Tracking project progress and status Reporting business result, facilitate a meeting, research market competitor
3 weeks into being management.Totally lost 25 employees in my team and lost more in the store, in all there is missing personelle.No help from higher ups, nor any help on how things works. Just here's a shovel and 100km square feet of land to dig. But only one spot you can dig. Good luck. Also being alone as ecommerce manager. This is the worst experience in ecommerce I've had in all the work places I've been too.Especially ecommerce section where nothing is properly made. Everything is everywhere and no section for the team to be placed except between a garbage dump and major door ways to go into store. Seriously dont go working there you'll lose precious time and money. Go shopping fine. But work related it's awful they dont even congratulat you no anything on the matter of facts.Also dont get hurt there for no help will come. And you will have to go work with broken foot. Especially if you hurt yourself at work.
Pros
Cons
Poor managment, store is in ruins, and goodluck trying to find help. They dont answer.
They were always accomodating to schedules and availability. It was very easy to move around to different departments, positions and shifts. Moving up can also happen quickly. Very understanding of work/home life balance.
Pros
Easy going scheduling
Cons
low wages
This is a good place to work in. good team work; understanding workers. organized management and seems to be expanding therefore plenty of room for growth.
Great Place to work would recommend it to all, friendly people and lots of learning opportunity, anyone should definitely apply.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A typical day involved reviewing sales, viewing web sites and looking for new items to list on the web. Reviewing our own site and look for things that are out of place.There were 6 distinct operating teams that interacted well together. Weekly scrum meetings kept all in the loop of all that we each accomplished.We rang a Gong whenever we had a big WIN, everyone stopped what they were doing, listened and then applauded.Co-workers were a very friendly group , we liked playing pranks on each other.The hardest part of the job was intergrating with the store category managers. The e commerce part of their business was new to them and their work load so heavy that they didn't feel their time was well spent with us.The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new Vendors and looking at the merchandise and negotiating to get the producsts listed.
Pros
cool office which was 3 k from the head office, great peolple, monday morning meetings for all associate, tim hortons on site, cafeteria was pretty good, prescription service in house
Cons
travelled between buildings for meetings, unneccessary meetings, people late for meetings
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?