Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Division Manager

This was my founding career. I had mentors who saw in me more than I did in myself. The time and training invested has formed the manager I am now. The only reason I left is I had no desire to be moved away from my family for the second time.
Great culture to be in. Team treated each other with respect and dignity. Work is done on time, Priporities are set and deadline are met. Team building, motivating and transforming was in deed a great leaning experience.
This is a high paced retail environment and priorities can and will change in an instant depending on the needs of the business. Diplomacy and verbal skills are a definite asset. This is a progressive company and promotes adaptability and cross-training to better serve their customers and meet their Associates work/life balance; it also prevents the tedium of a mass production environment. The hardest part of being a Manager is after training and re-training an Associate, having to tell them that Retail is not their forte and subsequently firing them. I always enjoyed the annual evaluations as there was no surprises on their evaluations as I was always available to answer questions and encourage when needed during the year. Some of the best moments working at Wal-mart was recruiting, training and developing Associates to continue their careers.
If you want a career in retail management, Wal-Mart is the place to get your training and experience.Their training program is in-depth and opportunities are limitless. You get a good salary, but the hours are long and you must be willing and able to get transferred from store to store.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?