Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for District Manager

My day consisted with the interaction of the pharmacy/optical teams and store management team. A typical day would be to coach, teach and review operational and financial activities. On my store visits I would include interacting with the staff and providing direction on merchandising and professional issues. The enjoyable part of the job allowed me to be independent and interact with the many people that worked in the front store and other departments. The hardest part of the job was to try and visit more stores on a regular basis due to the geographic size of the district.
Pros
Great solid company with good values.
Cons
Long hours, but managable.
Started at the bottom and worked my way to Grocery Manager. Had gained a ton of experience through the 16 years I was there. Meat cutter, baker, Gm Manager and Grocery Manager.
Pros
view emails,notes from boss then plan the crew with what projects needed to be done. time management,and being organized is what i learned how to use with people skills that aloud me to better others to move up in the company the hardest part is if the equipment failed and repairs would be hours days latter other than that i manged a really outstanding team. seeing how proud the assoicates looked when i always was pride of what they could do in 5.5 hrs it amazed me every shift.
Pros
the morale
Cons
the new store manager