Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Department Manager

Big company with lots of rules. sometimes will get you in trouble if you feel OK to giving ideas for work. and wages wasn't matched from job market outside.
Pros
schedules is easy to arrange
Cons
Poorer management overall
Training was via computer then put on the floor. No Managers to ask for help or for training. Very poor communications and work ethic. Lots of walking involved.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everything else
A great work environment loved the staff . A little more flexible on holiday would be nice. Alot less stressful than quick service restaurants. Overall like it very much.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Better pay for department management
I learned so much from Walmart. its a really good company.i start my career as a cashier and get higher positions. work as a department manager and customer service manager.most enjoyable part is to work as a team and helping customers.
An honest review of Walmart from one of it's employs. Yea they can probably see this review too... Walmart like any other retail chain in the world, is fast paced and busy, there's never a shortage of work around the building. If you think there is someone will find something for you to do even if it's just sweeping the floor for the next 20 minutes. I've worked for the company twice now, for a grand total of 7 years... there is a lot of good managers at the company, ones you can laugh and joke with all day long, but with the good managers you will always have bad ones that come along with. There are a few I could name... The hardest part of the job is trying to make sense of the miscommunications... One manager will tell you one thing, and another will turn around and tell you to do something else, for the exact same spot. The communication could be better between management and staff, or manager and manager for that matter. Overall though it's not a bad company to work for, there is ups and downs, and sometimes sideways things, but really that's any job out there.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
lack of communication between management/staff
For the work you do, you are paid well below what you should be. The physical requirement alone should warrant a higher pay grade. The hardest part about the job, isn't the customers. I enjoy dealing with the public. It's the inconsistency from upper management. One minute you'll have a assistant manager assign you one task, then the next you'll have another assign you another. When they both return they'll lecture you. It's fun haha
Management does not follow fair policy structure.Top management employees are biased in nature.Rumours are spreading at fastest rate and after knowing about defaulter management due to favouritism does not take any appropriate action.To make a good share of profit ,higher authority does not assign required number of employee to complete task due to which work load on individual increased.Even they do not appreciate extra effort put by an individual to perform another person duties along with his.Also racist in providing sufficient hours due to favoritism practices performed at work place.
Would recommend anyone looking for job experience to apply. They are for the most easy to work with however the brush off harassment in the workplace and at some points you get to go to work with your head down do your job and go home eventually you dread going to work. While working I was not aware of the management/ team belittling until I made management. That is why I left.
Always something new. Great first job for any new to the job force. Good place for students. Meet amazing people, work with great managers. Everyone works as a team.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Worst work environment and management and salary in Canada Nothing is fare and management is poor just because it’s a little cheaper than others Walmart has reputation
Store Manager at the time was not very people friendly, floor team was great. everyone partnered to get the job done. I worked in seasonal and spent a lot of time outside, that was the most enjoyable for me.
Always something to do Nice colleagues Upper management were available and showed interest in their staff as well as the departments they were directly responsible for Fun to interact with customers
I enjoyed the customers and most of my coworkers. There is a bit of favoritism. If you walk away from a situation management will follow you to the floor
Sressful workplace. Not everyone is doing their fair share of work and management doesn't do anything about it. Managers relies on people who do their work and allow other people who doesn't do their job properly to do anything they want.
Too many assistant managers giving different tasks to benefit their needs and get backlash when your own tasks don't get completed. The team you are assigned to doesn't reflect the jobs you will be doing.
Pros
fun days
Cons
too many assistant managers
It’s not bad for starting a career and work experience. They don’t have a good customer service. There’s no opportunity to grow. New hair has more wages than the senior team members. But they have a flexible schedule which is really good.
Walmart is a fast paced place. The majority of staff are great to work with. Management is fine. Most days I enjoy working at walmart. Can be stressful during peak times.
Pros
Room for advancement, benefits, regular raises.
Cons
Not everyone has same work ethic. Stressful at peak times.
Working at walmart were some of the greatest times. Made a lot of friends there, and had alot of fun with what i was doing. The management was always friendly as well.
Iam a department manager and I love the challenges and love running a crew of associates with my fellow managers!! My asm is awesome and wants us to grow.walmart is the place to grow and succeed!!
salary is low compared to other retails, too much workload on employees with pressure to perform , understaffed to save money , bad temperament of management they have no respect for staff working under them.
I’ve worked at Walmart for the last 10 years they have been very easy to work with flexible and are willing to train if you’re willing to learn they have a decent benefits package and no matter what your skill level they have something for you If you’re just starting out I would recommend Wal Mart to any beginning level