Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Lots of friendly faces and friends to be made. Had a good time getting to know my coworkers and becoming part of the team of hardworking individuals at Walmart.
I noticed numerous violations of labour law and flat out violations of human rights. The management laughed in my face when I brought these things to there attention.
Cons
department was under staffed and when i tried to reduce my hours because of school and other personal issues i was denied. in the year i worked there, there were 4 different managers. the last manager i had was great and very understanding of my situation.
Its Walmart, you know what you are in for. Minimum wage, hard work, boring work, but its work. First job I had and they hired me right away, so I cant complain.
its a great experience working at walmart and exploring new things all the day .Helps with customer satisfaction and very good working as a team . Great pleasure
A fun job, Easy to get 40 hours per week. Easy to be promoted. You can be trained in many areas. Mangers seem to treat you with respect. They have a cooling down period when there is a conflict with managers or crew.
everyone is very helpful most times althought management can be hard to get a hold of and an average day is usually routined but you may have to deal with difficult customers
Working at Walmart was a awesome experience for me. I developed so many skills I havent learned in the indistury before. My role in Walmart was cooking food while stocking up my area.
Half are manager and half associates ,awefully all managers are interfering in your job!! Always you are worried about your hours, simetimes 19 hours a week, sometimes 12! Sometimes 36! You can not count on it for your live payees.
As an employee you don't feel important, they taught me right off the bat to never say "no" to a customer. Each customer supposedly represents a hundred dollars. They fail to tell you how abusive these customers can really be. When they abuse you the management doesn't really defend you. I worked at the Scarborough Super Centre, I got robbed on my way home and the management wouldn't accommodate my shifts to an earlier time. I would say if you're a young female opt to work in the daytime, if not don't take it unless you drive. It's an okay job but I can certainly say there are better jobs out there. This is the sort of job you do while you're in school, it's not a job you can really make much of a living on.
Greeting customers and providing outstanding customer service and information on merchandise. Alongside, rotating stock respectfully and putting away merchandise as needed.
Woking at Walmart was okay. The salary for the job should have been higher. Management was okay. The hours were good but they would over work their Employees.
Walmart is a good company.There are good benefits from the company like profit sharings,insurance,discounts and so on.And most of all rules and regulations are applied to all.
Fast paced work environment but you find your pace after you get used to it. Great manager, gives me my days off when requested and helps me whenever I ask in his best ability.
Pros
one hour break during an 8 hour shift, included with two 15 minutes
Cons
Rude customers, handling expired foods
Walmart is about your typical entry level job force, its fast paced and based on the people around you can be very fun or bad. I had no issues with Walmart and enjoyed my time there.
Horrible management and place to work for. They are very inconsiderate about your life and as a employee. The scheduling is horrible and not enough hours are given.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Many cons I have already explained in my review
Never enough staff to do the job, no consistency with staff expectations. Some staff didn't have to do all job requirements leaving more work for other staff. Wage low not enough to live on comfortably.
Pros
Cons
Chronic understaffing
Good teammate and great customer, the days past very fast. We have 3 breaks on a day of 8 hours, it is very nice. This job is relax. The salary is great.
When I first joined the company, the environment was mentally and financially healthier. Recent cuts have increased the work load per person and reduced full time availability. Management team changes often in Charlottetown, PE because it is a Management Training location which can cause some disruption from time to time. Must be able to lift heavy items and work is physically demanding. Customer market is very broad in income levels so you will cater to people from many walks of life and many personality and cultural groups. Be open minded and patience is a must.
Pros
Benefits packages
Cons
Physically demanding and very busy
A typical day at work is very fun, the coworkers there are amazing and you get to interact with customer all day and be very social (if thats up your alley) While working there I sure did learn how to be more independent in the work place, learned how to count tills and there is always was to work your way up and learn more in the future, your never stuck. management there is amazing, I absolutely loved them there. they're very good to their employees but they also don't tolerate no shows and calling in. The hardest part of the job sometimes can be dealing with difficult customers but with the right coworker and making friends, you will always have people to help you if you need it.
Pros
hours, friends, customers, fast pace, never bored
Cons
when people call in, it sure can make your day 100 times more stressful
Was basically fired without just cause when I injured my wrist and couldn't work in department, was encouraged to not go to the doctors to have it looked it... to probably avoid a workers claim. Management played favorites, Job its self wasn't bad But had to clean up a huge mess when I moved departments including finding 1000$ of worth of expired product. Co workers were the only plus.
Pros
some good co-workers