Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Dairy Associate

Overall the work is pretty straightforward the people are good to work with but the assistant management sucks there is no communication most managers talk down or treat you like you are replaceable not all the managers are like this but some have no respect.
Pros
Great people to work with easy enough work
Cons
Management sucks
Best job ever in dairy/frozen overnights it’s hard work at 16 dollars a hour it’s worth it I live not fair from there and it’s vary straight forward job
Pros
Close too my house easy job
Cons
Dairy/ frozen is tough work. Lots of lifting and the feeling of never being able to catch up for long. Very high turn over rate in this department, not enough staff. They do offer decent benefits after 3 months that you have to pay into off your paycheck for. 10%discount off everything that isn't clearance.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Stressful
Generally you will work hard for low pay and you will be expected to put the company above everything but they won't guarantee you hours or a steady schedule, that being said I have met some awesome people working there and not every manager is lazy but if you are a hard worker don't expect your pay to match your effort.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No guarantee of weekly hours or steady schedule
I used to work at a different Walmart. They were a great team, communication was effective, and they cared about my needs and issues. Management was easy to talk to. Hours were respectable. Where I currently work is the exact opposite. Work is stressful and rarely done properly, with instructions given by management that often doesn't make sense for the store's needs. Turnover is high. Management has yet to prove they care about my needs or issues I am having, it took three months for my availability to change when I changed Semesters with a different Class Schedule at my university.
Pros
Occasional Free Lunch
Everyone is friendly and really good for mental. Everyone in my department was good and i love it. The reason i leave was because i have so work to do.
The Dairy job was a great job. Unfortunately, my manager couldn't keep herself from telling me how poor a worker I was. She was intent on making a great job a disaster..I liked my co-workers and upper management..She has since been removed.
Pros
Some of the co-workers
Cons
Limited information
To be fair the only thing that makes this job bad is the management. They're uncoordinated, and some of them have a biased. I think to improve they're coordination they should form a meeting once a week to discuss things related to how they function, for example: thinking of overworking employees. Employees shouldn't have to worry about asking their manager to fix their shifts to make them some what consistant
Pros
Easy starting job
Cons
You're gonna be overworked
It was OK, but the management was quite inflexible with regards to shift changes and school commitments. People were nice to work with although some were very lazy and they didn't seem to face any consequences for that. It was just left to other staff to pick up the slack
Its waste of doing job in Walmart, because they won’t give the hours. Its the job only for the namesake, weekly they will give 5hrs-8hrs Work. So its waste of time for those hours & money. And the main thing is Walmart Managers will give more hours only to the citizens, not for Indians.
Flexible Hours. Always have something to do - you won't be bored. Lots of routine tasks, but it is an entry level job, so this is not a surprise. Most of your colleagues are willing to help.
I had an excellent time working here. There was a good group of friendly employee's. The work could be a little hard at times but if I needed assistance there was always somone willing to help
Wal-mart is not a hard job, but gets stressful at times. Mostly due to management. Most of the management is clueless and gives unrealistic expectations.
Good as a first job for high school kids lots of hours.other then that is pretty bad management care only about making money, not enough workers for all the work you have to do. Over all it’s a one star
Has a great working environment, with very helpful management staff. The typical day varied depending on the amount of work, sometimes very hectic and some times easy going.
I like working at WALMART. Job security is high. Good Pay. Nice team work. Secure work place. Efficient Management. Well trained department managers and staffs
faced paced environment. working at Walmart give you an opportunity to meet variety of people young and old. the average amount of hours per week is usually about 30 hrs and could also go as high as 44 hrs depending on your availability. Highly recommended for students.
Did a lot of stocking and cleaning, learn time management, met a lot of great customers, need to be organized, you may find it hard at first but it gets very easy after a month ot so
Pros
breaks, lunch, discounts
Cons
sometimes you have a lot of work you may not finish
It's kind of hard to leave a review of how I normally operate because it changes day to day and depending on which Team Leads are working with me at the time. I work part-time in the Dairy/Frozen section and I've been there for just under a year. For students like myself, the hours are extremely flexible and I don't feel obligated to increase my availability because it has stayed the same for my whole career. Because I have to come home from school, I usually work closing shifts on the weekdays (anything goes on the weekends. I hardly get weekends off.) If this is your first job, I would suggest applying to the Fresh section (Dairy/Frozen, Meat, Deli, Produce, Bakery). Fresh tends to get a lot of the younger employees, so it'll be easy to make friends, and the work really isn't that hard. No matter what part of Fresh you work in, sometimes you are needed to help out in other parts. For me, I like to help out in produce when they need it. To be completely honest, it's a nice change of pace from lifting milk and yogurt all day, plus I have a few good friends in produce so we get to hang out. An important thing to remember is, if you want to talk to a friend for a bit, pick your spots wisely. I can't remember how many times I've heard that a bunch of people were talking in the dairy cooler and now a manager is angry. Management can be a bit annoying sometimes. Team leads can be pretty nice, but there will always be a few bad apples. Management is sort of a grey area. Some are nice, but honestly sometimes they don't take into consideration each persons situation. Some things aren't - more...
Walmart is one of top company in retail industries. With Walmart I learn team work and time management taking customer at first priority. Additionally, you will have ad advantage to work with different culture's people.
I worked at the Walmart Super Store I had enjoyed myself working in this face pace environment. Excellent help from team members and management for training at service at Customer Service They were knowledgeable and efficient and will always find an answer for you.