Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Specialist

Just bad...understaffed always... expecting one person to do the work of two or three. Even if they are less abled than other workers. A shame really.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Managers
You have to work more than you're expected to. You have to be very co-operative with customers which sometimes isn't easy. You're expected to give more than your hundred percent and sometimes have to cover up for your fellow peers. overall its a really good exposure of time management and I would recommend everyone to take this opportunity and give your 100% in it
Pros
Flexible, reliable.
Cons
Managment
Working at Walmart is a friendly work environment, we are the only Walmart that is open majority of the year. It tends to get busy near rush hour and dinner time but over all a great place to get some experience for a part time job. As a self checkout attendant it does get difficult to assist some customers when it gets busy, but we eventually provide them with the assistance they need.
Interesting and fun working with the coworkers and customers. I worked for almost 3 years doing customer service. There were good times and undesirable days, but through all, I loved working with people.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Their are to many robbers
Wal-Mart has been a very nice place for me to work at, I am just looking to start branching out after some college, and would like better experience suited to my field. However they have been very helpful in suiting my college hours, vacation time, and any overall questions / concerns I've had. Some people may have different experiences, but from mine, I can say it's been amazing. Most coworkers are fun to hang around with and talk to. However there are a few people who take the job way too seriously, but when does that not happen.
Pros
Friendly
been there awhile it only gets worse. the management is horrible. and they allow horrible managers to keep their jobs when they are unfair, judgmental, inconsiderate, everything you can think of. I have made great friends through this place but also some who just talk behind your back, when the tough gets going, they choose the one whos ahead or winning
My individual experience that I have received here was not too bad. Although there was not enough staff. I was always pulled to cash and was unable to always do what was expected me to do.
Cons
Not given enough hours
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Apart from the extreme lack of hours that are available day to day for most of the employees I know, my job at Wal-Mart is fantastic. It is a place I enjoy working for and I've met a lot of great people who I enjoy seeing on a regular basis. I find the job very fulfilling; I love putting a smile on the faces of all the customers I get to assist whenever I'm working. Like I said, the amount of hours I get makes it very difficult to stay employed there without finding another job to satisfy my bills. Apart from peaks times like Christmas, I receive roughly 13-16 hours a week, 12 being the minimum amount of hours that can be given. This is something I find unacceptable for someone who has stated they need more, as well as is available to do more. The amount that I love this job, I just wish they would make it easier to stay.
-Management turns a blind eye to associate complaints or concerns -Can't have that work life balance that is talked about in orientation because I'm required to have 24/7 availability -Hours are changed week to week without notice -Management and other associates just expect you to know what you're doing from day one -On the job training is informal and you're likely to get passed around from associate to associate -Grossly overstaffed, but then again WM LOVES those peak time associates -Good luck getting Full time (it takes YEARS to go from Peak (12 hours) to Full (28 hours)) -People gossip and openly hate each other which makes for a toxic work environment
  1. Customer Specialist