Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Technician

I have worked at Wal-mart for just over four years now. I was a photo lab associate, then I transferred stores, to which I became an electronics associate. Now I am a Customer Experience Associate. Working at Wal-mart has taught me how to be polite to be people that are being unnecessarily rude. There is little to no room for advancement or for a raise. You're co-workers are idiots and if you're good at your job you end up doing theirs. If someone calls in sick they make no effort to replace them unless you ask them to. We're always understaffed and over-worked. Don't work at Wal-Mart unless you have to. I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, low pay, understaffed
If your looking for a first job and/or part time job; one should apply here. The hours are flexible and it commits to any schedule. The most difficult thing here is staying till 11pm if one were to close.
Hard place to work. The management culture was self-centered and top heavy. One day praise for a job well done, next day hauled on carpet for same well-done job. Depended on manager. Consistent hard work was not rewarded. Associates who contributed nothing except a slightly warm body received same benefits as those who worked hard for customers and company. Often the brunt of the abuse was towards the hardest working people in the store. My specific manager threw fits of rage, throwing phones, cursing employees and even customers. Never knew what was going on from one day to the next. Couldn't wait to see the back-side of that place. Not what it pretends to be.
Depending on where you work, Wal-Mart can be an amazing experience for people just starting their work careers.
Pros
fun people
Cons
low wages
  1. Customer Service Technician