Walmart

Walmart Pay & benefits reviews: Customer Service Representative

As a retiree was looking for a part time job with flexible work hours. Training is ok but mostly you learn as you go. Being a self starter I don't wait around for instructions if my Team Leader is not close by. Highlights are: The work is interesting. Some store departments are more enjoyable than others. When you arrive for your shift you never know what department you'll be working in until the Team Lead advises you - so there's lots of variety and no time to get bored. Department Managers are super busy but if you need assistance they'll help you out. I'm gaining more confidence in assisting customers now that I have a better idea of where all the items are located. I enjoy working in the food section or helping our customers in General Merchandise. Stocking shelves is just ok but it has to be done.
Pros
If you love working with people and assisting customers this job is for you, There are yearly bonuses & even part timers can purchase health benefits packages.
Cons
It gets super busy at times - so focus is needed, Sometimes coordinating work tasks/times among employees needs improvement, Department Managers are sometimes overwhelmed, Pay is not great but ok for part time job
I started working with Walmart as an associate and believe it is good platform for starters. I worked at the Brantford , ON Walmart and faced poor work culture, uncooperative, rude, biased management. Faced and saw lot of of politics and favouritism. The management is so poor that they do not know how to manage, resolve issues. If you tell them or give them a positive feedback , they would target the employees.This place is bad bad bad to work
Pros
Good platform for beginners
Cons
Salary and workculture
Friendly co-worker and helpful management team and on top of it, They just adjust the salary for everyone so it is fair enough in my personal opinion. They offer lots of benefits and a yearly bonus too!
ok so it depends on which location. ive been at two and all i can say is in both the management is absolutely horrible. some are okay but 90% are awful and super rude, should be reported to global ethics. they act like they own u and act like u get paid $100 an hour. the associates are super chill and nice and u can meet amazing ppl in ur life but some people who end up there are weird and perverted. walmart never fires u after ur probation period and honestly this job better than mcdonalds or fast food but is definitely not a place u should be looking to stay at for more than 6-12 months cuz its not worth it.
Pros
can be fun, decent benefits
Cons
horrible management
Walmart is a very demanding place to work, both physically and mentally. Pay is minimum wage. Performance is monitored all the time. Little perks such as coffee and snacks on payday were taken away. Even the water cooler was removed. Bottom line is you give a lot, and don't get much in return.
Pros
Most associates are very nice.
Cons
Hard physical labour and low pay.
Management is good but staff are not friendly very argent . More over if you are Canadian you get full time job if you are not there is no hope.The pay is really bad compared to other grocery giants.
This is not a fun place to work, lots of gossip, nothing is done on a timely manner. Some of the staff are lazy skipping work assignments, work loads are being left for one person. Some choose easy work and leave the hard for others. We suppose to be working as a team but it's not so. I'm not happy working there anymore.
Pros
I have no comments
Cons
Low pay, hours sucks.
Good job experience, friendly staff and working like family, I enjoy my work and opurnities and very much. Less wage but worth working and exposure,recommended
it's what you expect out of a retail job, you do what you're told, and thats all, some days there is alot of work sometimes not alot. the scheduling can be pretty bad at times, but overall, its what you think it would be
Great middle management Asst MGRs and CSM's. Fun staff, but Covid makes this essential service dangerous. Customers can be aggressive and demanding. Hours are long and shifts are all over the place. Pay is low.
Pros
Easy to get a job
Cons
Shifts all over the place, low pay no benefits
Excellent place to grow. Hard work, with fair paid. You must be able to work during weekends Simple and comfortable dress code. Great experience in retail and customer service, you learned a lot.
Pros
paid extra hours, friendly team, share holder participation.
Cons
you sacrifice weekends
Don't apply here if you're a single person who actually needs to make a living because it's just not possible and talking to management about getting more hours it's like your talking to a deer in headlights they pretend they are listening,but they aren't. this is the first job I've ever had in my 20 plus yrs of customer service that only gives you 28 hrs a week for full time unless your management or have been there for 10 yrs. the only good part about the job is the other employees they make your experience a little better each day.
Pros
BBQ'S and Dress Down days with an donation
Cons
Not enough hours to make an actual living.
Deerfoot City Walmart schedules against availability, doesn’t allow 8hrs between start times. Doesn’t pay out money owed at the end of employment and personnel don’t return phone calls. Assistant managers don’t follow company guidelines but make up her own rules all to give the customer whatever they want. Manager expects you to stay past your scheduled shift frequently as she doesn’t complete schedules thouroughlyWas not a good final experience.
I started my career at Walmart and wanted to finish it off there, but it did not happen. I guess destiny had a part to play. Hard work and faithfulness towards duty will get you going despite the bad bugs,
benefits
Cons
limited hrs
Dealing with unhappy customers is the hardest part of the job. Short shifts can make it hard to make enough money to pay your bills if you cant car pool or walk there.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
short shifts makes it hard to pay for gas and bills
Some of management would choose favorites. Hard work gets you nowhere. Some coworkers were cool. But I was there over 3 years and was paid barely over minimum wage
The training system is horrible. People’s are good.i like working but durning Ramadan it was stressful, the place is so far from my home. They even Don't give permission for Transfer. If i got 500$, on my transport it cost 100-150$ every month.
I very much enjoyed working at Walmart and would have continued to do so if a full-time position had of been available. Walmart provided training and flexible hours.
Too much expected for not enough pay. No REAL opportunity to advance. Lots of favoritism! Management is paid far more than they should be for the amount of work they actually do
I have good working experience at Walmart. Management is supportive.Walmart also help employee to develop their skill and abilities. Good group work experience.
The company was ok to work for years ago but to unsure on job security. It does have perks with benefits and profit sharing programs that are offered.