Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative1,084 reviews
Canada1,084 reviews
Found 1,084 reviews matching the search
This is not a fun place to work, lots of gossip, nothing is done on a timely manner. Some of the staff are lazy skipping work assignments, work loads are being left for one person. Some choose easy work and leave the hard for others. We suppose to be working as a team but it's not so. I'm not happy working there anymore.
Pros
I have no comments
Cons
Low pay, hours sucks.
Management is good but staff are not friendly very argent . More over if you are Canadian you get full time job if you are not there is no hope.
The pay is really bad compared to other grocery giants.
Work is very easy and flexible. Very Easy to manage with studies.
They have super good management and associates who help each other to grow as a team.
learn so many thing by working there it was very enjoyable job. assistant to the customer from my side made me love to assist them again. was a great ey
Love my work as I get a chance to interact with different people.
My patience level increases i have to deal with all kinds of people with warmness.

Learned various skills such as organizational skills, communication skills, etc.
The job is definitely good if someone is looking for a startup as an international student. However I would not look into yhis if you want to have a growth stability in the job.
Good job experience, friendly staff and working like family, I enjoy my work and opurnities and very much.
Less wage but worth working and exposure,recommended
I love to be a customer service specialist. I came to know that how to attend phone calls of customers. I learned many skills like communication, handling customer problems and queries. I get knowledge that how to take and dispense orders aa well.
Pros
Sharpened my skills
Cons
it's what you expect out of a retail job, you do what you're told, and thats all, some days there is alot of work sometimes not alot. the scheduling can be pretty bad at times, but overall, its what you think it would be
The job is straight forward. Lots of training. If you are not a problem solver, lazy or dont think for yourself then I wouldn't recommend working for a walmart. You have to know your job and do it properly. No one micro manages you. The breaks are long enough and if you actually work then you'll get good hours.
Its been almost 4 months since I joined this organization, every single day comes with more challenging environment with more leanings and enthusiasm. Ijust love to be here.
It being good working for Walmart. It give you an Avenue to grow your career. Very friendly and team work environment. In Walmart customer is the first
A typical day at Walmart was busy and sometimes overwhelming, but otherwise okay.
I learned how to zone items and greet customers, take phone calls, etc.

Management in the Customer Salesfloor Asscoiate was quite poor. Assistant manager was rude to me quite often.

I loved my co-workers.

I enjoyed being with my coworkers.
Pros
Good lunch hours, friendly coworkers
Cons
Rude management, long hours, non-flexible schedule hours
Great middle management Asst MGRs and CSM's. Fun staff, but Covid makes this essential service dangerous. Customers can be aggressive and demanding. Hours are long and shifts are all over the place. Pay is low.
Pros
Easy to get a job
Cons
Shifts all over the place, low pay no benefits
Excellent place to grow.
Hard work, with fair paid.

You must be able to work during weekends

Simple and comfortable dress code.

Great experience in retail and customer service, you learned a lot.
Pros
paid extra hours, friendly team, share holder participation.
Cons
you sacrifice weekends
Walmart could be a very good company to work for however, the management is what ruins everything honestly. For the most part, they don't teach you how to do things, they expect you to just know. They load work on you when even other managers acknowledge it is impossible for one person to finish and sometimes the manager that gives you these tasks even acknowledges how impossible it may be yet they still yell at you. I'm thankful I've gained a lot of experience from working here and from my fellow coworkers/managers that agree this certain manager should not be a manager. I would love to stay but I feel like I'm at the edge of the cliff working under this certain manager. I enjoy helping people and learning more and more things, making friends and gaining experience but the management is seriously rough and needs a check up. They should send undercover higher up management to Walmarts to check up on their managers because they are the most stressful thing and only act nice when THEIR boss is nearby.
Pros
Gain lots of experience
Cons
Awkward hours, bad management
Don't apply here if you're a single person who actually needs to make a living because it's just not possible and talking to management about getting more hours it's like your talking to a deer in headlights they pretend they are listening,but they aren't. this is the first job I've ever had in my 20 plus yrs of customer service that only gives you 28 hrs a week for full time unless your management or have been there for 10 yrs. the only good part about the job is the other employees they make your experience a little better each day.
Pros
BBQ'S and Dress Down days with an donation
Cons
Not enough hours to make an actual living.
Deerfoot City Walmart schedules against availability, doesn’t allow 8hrs between start times. Doesn’t pay out money owed at the end of employment and personnel don’t return phone calls. Assistant managers don’t follow company guidelines but make up her own rules all to give the customer whatever they want. Manager expects you to stay past your scheduled shift frequently as she doesn’t complete schedules thouroughlyWas not a good final experience.
I started my career at Walmart and wanted to finish it off there, but it did not happen. I guess destiny had a part to play.
Hard work and faithfulness towards duty will get you going despite the bad bugs,
benefits
Cons
limited hrs
Make the training process more organized
Make sure management doesn’t urge people to not report what is going on in the work place

Don’t give autistic workers a hard time or baby them, trust that they know how to do their job more
Pros
Good breaks, comfortable environment
Cons
Everyone just talked about killing themselves
I worked at Walmart full-time
Pros

-fun -nice people -good management -many opportunities -work is fun

Cons

-none -nada -zilch -nothing -nope -not even one little thing