Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Good not Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2018
This was a nice enough place to work but I did have some problems there most notably it was nearly impossible to move to a different position no matter how hard someone worked all the management seem to care about was the MasterCard we needed to sell. In other words, you needed to make people feel uncomfortable and trick them into getting a bad card just to have a chance of getting promoted.
Great employees, Always work to get done so you are always busy,
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON24 September 2018
Always a great day at work. I do not have one bad experience working at Walmart. You learn to have responsibilities because there are always things that need to get done. Most enjoyable part is lunch.
Pros
Everyone is great to work with and I am never bored
Cons
Rude customers
Its Wal-mart
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB21 September 2018
Working at wal-mart is what you expect to find at a retail store with average pay and average hours and with a constant influx of new workers and management with various types of competency and varying degree's of customers. Overall a good learning experience and an excellent place to develop social skills.
Pros
Free events, employee discounts
Cons
changing coworkers, unstable customers, pay
I do not recommend Walmart
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER & MERCHANDISING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, NS19 September 2018
Longest and most stressful years of my life were spent at Walmart. They work you to death with no one to help. Extremely short staffed. Promises of advancement that never happen. Management too concerned with "coaching" everyone instead of giving helpful feedback that could improve employees.
Wal-mart
Customer Value Associate (Current Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB18 September 2018
I honestly don't know what to say, I enjoy working at Walmart, my fellow co-works make the job more fun, the managers are some of the most understanding managers I have worked with. I am disappointed that my hours have changed but they gave us enough notice to allow us to adjust. Wal-Mart is a fast paced every growing company they strive to make themselves better to serve there customers better.
Great place
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB7 September 2018
I really learned a lot and enjoyed my time there.

I worked as a cashier during busy hours and it worked well around my young daughter.

They wanted to keep me around for much longer but I had to move to Kelowna with my partner.

I really loved the job culture because every morning they would shout out encouragements and things like that.

Would love to return and work there again.
Walmart is a good starting job
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2018
I worked at walmart for just under 5 years and enjoyed my time there, great first job. Hours fly by and easy work that keeps you busy your whole shift, plus most workers are nice
great place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 September 2018
Busy, lots of different tasks throughout the day.
Interaction with customers and helping when needed. Fun at times, stressful at times and lots of lifting depending on department worked.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sheridan mall, 1700 wilson ave. toronto29 August 2018
stocking, price changes, providing customer service, good management, no extra pressure, selling merchandise and other products of walmart like protection plan, walmart master card, balancing cash register, keep watch against thefts
Pros
top retailer, smooth working conditions
Cons
all treated equal, hard worker do hard work and others enjoying
not fun anymore
Customer Service Rep (Present) (Current Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS27 August 2018
Can be fun, productive. Over worked and rushed at times. Certain teams have more tasks than others. A lot of favoritism and no appreciation for any work that you do.
Pros
I have a job.
Cons
Not enough pay.
fast Paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2018
Really fast paced work environment. learn to deal with difficult customers and some complicated issues. everyday new learning opportunity and new problem solving skills improved
fun and productive environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2018
working at Walmart was fun because I got to meet and helped people. Also it helped me to practice and improve my communication skills. helping people is always my passion.
Toxic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON21 August 2018
Walmart was literally the most toxic work place I've ever been at. I'll never go back and I tell everyone I know to not shop there and never, under any circumstances, work there!!

Before anyone judges, I quit. I was not fired.
no chance of advancement
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2018
I was a department manager in Electronics department and was always felt insecure and demeaned by my management team. I am a hard worker and have felt over the last of my 15 years with the company that they were trying to get rid of all the full time associates that had been there for years to make room for part time kids they did not have to pay as much or give the hours to. The first 7 years i worked there was so different very family oriented and great benefits to the employees
Pros
yearly bonus
Cons
uncaring management team
It was ok, not the best place to work
Customer Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB17 August 2018
I liked the Co-workers that was about it. Management is all over the place. They don't care much for their employees. Schedules were never out on time (maybe 1-2 weeks late).
Customer Satisfaction is always the Priority
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2018
Gained Canadian Experience.
Developed the capability to work in a Diversified culture.
The hardest part of the job was to maintain the quality of customer service and make the shopping experience the best for all the customers .
Customer Oriented Workplace which strives for Excellence in Customer Satisfaction
Customer Satisfaction is always kept a priority

Learned what the Canadian culture is and how to deal with a diverse culture.

Hardest part of the job is planning what is to be done during the day and sticking to it at all times.
Pros
10% discount to Employees
Cons
Low salary
busy work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC12 August 2018
Its a very busy work environment. lots of work to do at all times. must be great with the public as well as working with others. being physically fit will be a great benefit as there is lots of lifting and moving of heavy stock. for the most part the people you work with are very nice and fun to work with.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
I enjoyed working at Walmart because you meet different people from all over the world and learn a lot from managers and the different departments in store.
Pros
Employment Discount
Cons
Short hours
Lot work and lot fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 August 2018
It was good place for working. There was a lot fun. All employees have good nature. Moreover, it is worlds famous shopping mart. There was good salary.
Pros
Good nature, free food
Cons
Far away from my homw

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

541.8K