Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 852 reviews matching the search See all 161,051 reviews
Inexperienced unprofessional management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON15 December 2018
Hoestly this job is low pay and management is beyond disgusting
They have no idea what they are doing. They expect u to know everything when they havent thought u anything and yell at u infront of customers and other employees so unprofessional. Anyone wanting a job at milton walmart good luck
Pros
Some associates are nice Gene is an amazing person
flexable
Fort Erie - Customer Value Associate (Current Employee) –  customer service7 December 2018
Good place to work. flexible shifts. Nice and friendly. works well with family life. Discount helps when buying for a family. Plenty of oppertunity to move up
not bad
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2018
Pros: Great atmosphere and team work.
Cons: Management is not the best, it is not very easy to promote to better position. The pay is not enough especially with all the work required. Too much pressure on front end to make customers get the Walmart Mastercard
Productive work place with other employers and talking and helping customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON2 December 2018
Busy days and always keeping busty when the days the it was as busy as other days. On holidays the store is always and i keep the customers happy and satisfied to the greatest satisfaction
Starter Job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Walmart was my first job ever. I will be forever grateful to the skills that I have acquired there to prepare me for the rest of my career. I am very grateful for them.
Unreliable coworkers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 November 2018
Unfortunately almost all of the coworkers did not work as a team to help every one win. There was a lot of judging and uncooperative people and would not finish their work and would leave it for some one else.
Great experience
Couresy desk customer service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 November 2018
Customer service desk taught me alot of skill and alot of job skills. I work at courtesy desk so i returned order. Sort and put them back into their right depts. I also learned western union and had alot of responsabilités
Pros
Learning so much
Cons
None really
unproductive and not beneficial for anyone
Tire & Lube Technician,Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON10 November 2018
Walmart fires full time employees for no provided reason and replaces them with part time employees. They do not care about their employees or their employees lives.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
terrible unpredictable hours, horrible management
It can be a fun place to work!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 November 2018
Walmart was a stepping stone back into the workforce after the death of my son. I enjoyed working there with the wonderful staff and customers. It is a fast paced environment. Walmart offers various computer based learning courses i.e. WHIMIS, Safe Food Handling, Health and Safety Courses, Customer Experience etc.

Upper Management treats their staff well and has an "open door" policy. If you need help with anything they will offer their support.

They hire people of all ages and race.

They support various fundraisers for outside organizations and get the staff involved.

They provide fun days for the staff and various meals which include a staff appreciation day.

If I had to give any negative feed back I would say they need to spend more time with the actual training of staff in any new positions. I learned my job from the associates I was working with and not through management.

Overall, if you like working in retail, it is an okay place to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many shifts in a row
Friendly and fun work envirement
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON5 November 2018
Management give sufficient training when you start ,as well as i had lots of different tasks i learned when i worked.
managers and supervisors were always helpful and guided when need.
Pros
10 % discount plus 20% during end of the year
Cons
Never get opportunity to move up in your job.
Work
Customer Service Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB1 November 2018
Working for the Walmart company was interesting, it was a fun job for the most part, the people you work with were good to talk to, got to meet some good people with the position I was in. Typical day was cleaning and assisting people with finding where an item was located or giving an opinion on what was better. My favorite part was knowing that I help people make a better and more informed decision on purchasing an item. Managers were always busy with something, and there was never really enough people to work on the floors or cash. There was always new training, but there was little training on systems used or how to do most things in the store.
Pros
Discount
Cons
rarely kept to break and lunch schedules.
Team based business
Customer Value Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2018
Wonderful work environment full of friendly and helpful coworkers. Management was quick to listen to and deal with and issues or concerns. Hard workers were rewarded.
being the opportunity to meet lots of people
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB29 October 2018
When I am at the customer service desk I enjoy greeting and serving the customers. The challenge of solving and meeting their needs is at times complicated but very satisfactory when achieved. Working and mentoring new employees have been one of the best advantages that I have brought to the company.
Pros
a great place to interact with coworkers as well as meeting new people.
Cons
wages are not competitive in the retail market
Walmart is a good place to work
Customer Service Associate/Baker (Former Employee) –  Stouffville29 October 2018
My time at Walmart was a new experience, a pleasant change, after working many years in a bank. My coworkers were all very helpful and the training modules, I found were applicable to most areas of my work.
Good job for starting out
Customer Service (Bakery) (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON19 October 2018
It is a good place to start getting work experience and to pay for education. They have some really good people working for them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the good people.
Never bored working here.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 October 2018
I worked in fabrics and crafts, it was interesting and challenging for me. I had great people to work with and learnt a lot about sewing. I now make all my own clothes and make many crafts.
Over the five years I worked there I would say it was great.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Shifts were never consistant.
Seasonal WORKER
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2018
I was a seasonal worker
I had great time
I met some nice people especially Des.
I have gained lot of experience working as a cashier.
Walmart was a fun place to work as well.
Pros
Good supervisor
Cons
working mid night during the Christmas season
Fun
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 October 2018
I enjoyed working with all the customers and other staff. Always a pleasure to go to work. Wages were very competitive. Management was usually always there to help.
Flexible Hours
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 October 2018
Flexible hours that allowed an appropriate balance between high school classes and work. Provided a good foundation to entering the work force prior to completing high school diploma
Pros
Willing to Teach
Cons
Low Pay
I liked working with numbers when I did the daily balance of the books.
Customer Service / Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON29 September 2018
pros- helping the customers
getting to know the various departments
I enjoyed working with numbers while in the office
I enjoyed the people I worked with

cons- working Sundays
tough to get full time hrs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

543.6K