Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

i learnt alot
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  wye road sherwood park14 April 2018
I am working in walmart from 2 years. and i am not having any problem like no pressure. my days in walmart are really enjoyful. i learnt alot there in sales representative.
Its ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON12 April 2018
Coworkers are great!! Work was good in the beginning but over time has gotten to be more stress then what its worth. They do not hire enough staff to do the work. Expectations are different for every associate. No consistency in schedule even after being there for 5 years!
Pros
Hours
Better than most part time jobs
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2018
Working at walmart has been quite a learning experience, and while the job is emotionally demanding (as we deal with a lot of customers) it's really not that bad.
Pros
7 hour shift = 2 15 min breaks, and 1 hour lunch. Accommodating to students in school.
Cons
Management don't communicate very well
work hard with high quality of patience and good moral values
Customer's Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON11 April 2018
Fast pace work with patience and interest. Never lose your heart. cooperate with your manager to achieve the objective as all of us working for the best interest of the company. workplace culture is in your hand as I always ready to help each and every person.So every body feel a sigh of relief in my presence.

Hardest part is the scarcity of time as the time passes at quick pace.
The most enjoyable part is when the target of the day is achieved 30 minutes before the end of the shift.
Pros
some free snakes
Cons
Continue good performance.
Not good
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2018
Staff were friendly but management did not care about their employees. I stated I could not work a certain day on my application and they put me on that day every week. When I told the manager, the manager stated I had to get a note from HR, I did get the note but decided not stay.
Productive and Fun Environment to Work in
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2018
Able to gain experience working in a strong working environment with the possibility of moving forward in the company quickly. Face to face interactions with Head Office and the CEO and VP are consistent.
Nobody knows how to run anything and they refuse to give you livable hours.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2018
Everybody at entry level either works really hard or not at all and everybody above that get paid five times as much to yell at you and sit in McDonalds all day. Some stores are much better but Walmart doesn't punish management for not doing much so it happens a lot.
Pros
They give you an hour lunch.
Cons
They make your shift fifteen minutes short of getting an hour lunch.
Great group of employee's best i've ever had!
Customer Value Associate (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB4 April 2018
Good place to work if you want a minimum wage job! I really liked how the lunch room accepted me and had a positive atmosphere! The Workers always have a talk on Friday and it really helps moral to stay high all threw the week!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Minimum wage
friendly, caring and safe working enviroment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON1 April 2018
Love working here.The managers are great and willing to help in any aspects related to the work and company. Excellent management and daily scheduling. Always busy and always have work to do. Hardest part of the job is the sore feet at the end of the day from all the walking around the store in steel toed boots.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
not many hours scheduled for alot of people
great staff, fun group activities and great open door policy
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  South Keys, ON1 April 2018
Typical day at Walmart is serving and meeting our customer needs. Whether it is processing orders via cash register, taking customer merchandise to their car or even stocking the shelves with merchandise. There is a lot of work to do but you are rewarded for your hard work via merit raises.
Pros
merit raise, active working to keep you in shape, friendly supportive staff
Cons
relocating, staying on your feet lon period of time.
Corporate Retail
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
Not a lot of support for the regular part time employee. Although they don't tolerate disrespect among each other. I have worked here for 4 years. Job security has never been an issue but my hours always fluctuate.
Not a good place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON28 March 2018
A typical day is stress filled due to lack of staff. Always busy but never anyone to come when help is needed in certain departments. Having to do more then 1 position at a time.
Pros
Some good people to work with
Cons
Not enough hours or staff
great co workers but management lacking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC27 March 2018
I loved working at Walmart. I helped with setting up the store, that was fun and a great learning experience. once the store was open I believe things would have been better if we got more training.
Fun place to work. Made life time friends
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB26 March 2018
Work was based around Customer service and stocking inventory on shelves and providing product knowledge to customers. I learned patience with this job. Ultimately a great place to work based on the fact that there was always something to do. Work was never boring. The hardest part of the job would have to be the difficult customers, but as long as you knew how to diffuse a difficult situation then it was overall good.
Pros
Fun and friendly environment
Cons
low wage
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malton, ON26 March 2018
Management was not understanding or leniant when it came to scheduling. Provided many opportunities for learning, training and reviewing of the company and its procedures.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2018
Long hours of work in the fashion area. you need to be able to work at a fast paced and understand where everything goes and understand the different department in the store
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
lOng hours
People staff are great
Customer Service Representative(CSR) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 March 2018
The company tends to forget how to help there staff when they need personal time off. Most of the managers are hard working people trying to keep a roof over there heads.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Part Time job to make money while in school
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON22 March 2018
Not a relevant job to my field, but this is an employer with flexible hours that allows me to work part-time while also taking classes at Humber college.
lots of fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON21 March 2018
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions. Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, field services, new business, operations and consumer affairs divisions.

Resolved an average of 350 inquiries in any given week and consistently met performance benchmarks in all areas (speed, accuracy and volume).

Handled incoming calls from policyholders, responding to inquiries, resolving problems and correcting policy errors. Provided quotes and executed online policy changes for auto, home and excess liability
Pros
learning new things time to time and improved comunication skills, organizing
Cons
weekend work some times
overall
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 March 2018
The job and every person in management there sucks bit time. The associates that you work with on the floor are about 75% awesome and the other 25% you want to stay away from. scheduling is horrible there and to book a day off is like pulling teeth, they don't care about their employees at all.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

537.3K