Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Manager

It was really fun working at Walmart, because I had the opportunity to work with people from all over the world, literally. The renumeration was not great, and as a part-time Manager, I wasn't entitled to benefits for the period I spent there. There were lots of hours available and alloted, but the motivation to take up hours was really low because of the pay. But the shifts and the managers were reasonablly flexible
Pros
Great co-workers, past paced, job security, good environment
Cons
Low pay
After 8 years with Walmart I met my demise with the last store I worked in. I spoke up for the employees and it cost me my job. After working four different stores (2 in the USA and 2 in Canada) all were great places to work until the last one. It seems that the confidentiality of store ethics isn't so confidential after all. I am now seeking employment elsewhere. Loved working with the customers and all the front end personnel. It was a great place to work. Management needs to learn how to treat people because those people are what makes the store work.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
The only reason for leaving was not enough hours if I could have been full time I could of afforded to stay. I would go back in a heart beat if they would offer me at least 32 hours a week.
Cons
Not enough hours
Being at walmart salaries are to low and work is hard. It's better to do a part time job at walmart to cover the expenses but being a full time employee or department manager the pay is too low and work requirements are too high. In short one of the worst employers in canda.
I have worked for Walmart for several years .it appears to me that lately they really dont care about there staff .they are much more concerned with the bottom dollar .the abuse that I have had to take from customers is unacceptable on any level .there is very little support from management
Pros
The poeple i worked with
Cons
The not standing behind ataff when it came to return policy
My typical work day was to clock in, obtain a schedule of all customer experience associates, store standards and greeters schedule and organize when to go to break and who to cover, as well as assign associates to depts to do recovery, or clean up depts so they look presentable to the customers.
Pros
Always something to do, and always learning
Great place to work as a student! Very flexible hours. I reccomend this position for people looking for a fast paced job and who enjoy teamwork. Great place to work!
From my experience, working at Walmart is (on average) better than people say that it is. Especially as a first job or a summer job, it certainly isn't unthinkable or something that you should avoid. That being said, I'll point out my struggles at my specific workplace. Firstly, the largest problem is that the entire management staff is focused on meeting quotas rather than actually providing excellent customer service. Fast, efficient, friendly cashiers are completely disregarded, while cashiers that are lucky enough to get Mastercard applications are enveloped in praise and given special treatment. Secondly, some minor mistakes can be punished by a discipline if the employee doesn't meet quotas, while some major mistakes can be ignored if the employee DOES meet quotas; a practice which becomes very frustrating for some hourly workers. As a whole, my experience was very location-based. Some Walmarts may provide their workers with excellent incentive and reasonable consequences for their actions. Mine, unfortunately, was filled with management staff that cared far too deeply about the way that their bosses viewed them, and cared far too little about their customers or workers.
Pros
Generous breaks, reasonable hours, and a comfortable workplace
Cons
Favoritism among workers, disregard for some employees, and occasional abuse of power
One of the most stressful position is Customer Service Manager at the front end. Also, I feel that there has to be changes to be made in return policies at customer service desk. Also there is a bit pressure on MasterCard Sales per day, I mean that’s fine but in terms of pay, there is so much work as Customer Service Manager.
Walmart is a good workplace to grow. After working for some months any associate can apply for next level. Also, Walmart can teach people for the best customer service.
This is a very good place to work as a stepping stone. As most other retail minimum wage places you aren’t paid enough for the stress you endure and are not truly valued by the company however there is room for growth within the company and the coworkers usually make it worth while
Pros
- profit share
Cons
- pay
good workplace for career growth and learndabout customer service skills Got opportunity to enhance my skills with Department Management 101 training for front end
A typical day, scan outs and lows, correct P.I., shelf availability, audit bins, create picks, pick and stock merchandise, negative on hands, OSCA, helping customers.
Working at Walmart was an amazing experience for me, as a learned a lot about working in a team and management skills as I worked as a CSM. good team work, cooperative managers and co-workers.
Helping customers and trying to work as fast as possible. great flexibility, management was also good, work culture is quiet learning, good to start as a part time job for students.
Good benefits; pay a portion of your phone bill, 10 percent off grocery bills. can make a lot of friends, fast paced, management is ok but they dont care much about their employees.
Management sucks The customers are entitled. The staff are overworked to meet company goals but underpaid. The company doesn't stick to their own return policy and throws staff under the bus who try and uphold the rules by just giving the customer what they want . Full time staff are lifers and miserable . The part time staff are overworked and understaffed The people you meet are nice and are the only redeeming quality
It is a great place to start your own career path, you are gonna face different kinds of work related situation that will give you great experience when you start the career that you are gonna pursue
Working in Walmart is really stressful at times may be because I am at different position. As a front end manager sometimes I have to manage everything alone and it becomes difficult if a person is not properly trained.
I feel great to work at Walmart. My management team is really supportive. They have flexible schedule to work as suits to your need. You can grow your career really fast.
The people are very friendly, not just in my department but throughout the store. There are always numerous managers present which ensures there is always back up but the only drawback is that a single question can possibly have multiple conflicting answers depending on who you ask. Regulation consistency can be a frustrating problem but overall it is a positive place to work.
  1. Customer Service Manager