Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

The most enjoyable part of working in a store is interacting with customers. I have learned how to operate a business and still enjoy the time spent dealing with the difficult situations, (unhappy customers, theft, non English speaking customers) I also enjoy communicating with co-workers and going over the days events at shift change.
My experience in Walmart was very good, I feel like a family there, management was so cooperative and co-workers too, benefits were so good, I always enjoyed there while working.
Pros
flexible schedule
So stressful, underpaid and very non consistent hours. As a cashier your not only a cashier your a sales person trying to sell MasterCards so the managers can get a bonus and if you don’t you get in trouble.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, poorly managed
walmart is kinda relaxed job if you are free and dont really need much of finances, or kinda stable financialy than its a fun job. But cant rely on this job alone for meeting all day to day expenses..
I have worked at Walmart since october 2019, my front end manager has been very cruel and mean. I have tried to change my availability, and now my boss is threatening to cut my hours back to part time. I got the opportunity to be a customer service manager, that turned out to be a major mistake. I have now gone back to being a cashier and it has been so terrible. I have done everything that was asked of me, and picked up all the shifts when Walmart called. They dont care if you can work or not. I have noticed that my front end manager likes to favor certain people at work and treat others very unfairly.
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
Front end manager
When I started work there it was great. I had the most amazing coworkers. If the managers are great then work is fun and worth it. When it comes to the staff it's like a family.
Pros
great coworkers.
I have great experience as customer service. I am looking for related my study job in Walmart, is a big corporation which helps me to grow as individual and professional life too.
I loved working at Walmart until the front end got a new manager and I hated it from there on. Young useless manager came in. Had no respect for the employees. No concept of working with disabilities. Woulddn't even listen to March of Dimes, who represented me because I have disabilities. She made the front end go down.
Cons
Young manager with no respect.
Job and management great! Covid-19 introduced lots of confusing messages! Customers make the job stressful! They verbally abuse the workers; swear; harass and insult immigrants!
Pros
Workers try hard; happy; smiling
Cons
Not enough employees to do a good job
I absolutely love working at Walmart just not getting enough hours so it’s time to find something new. I thank Walmart for the wonderful experience and all the amazing things they have taught me through the past few years.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Rude customers
People that work there are friendly. The supervisors are nice and take your break and lunch on time. I've learned customer service and self check out while I was working as a cashier.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Long hours standing
There is lot of favouritism in walmart. They don’t give equal excelling opportunities to all cashiers; meaning they don’t train you for courtesy desk (refunds/exchanges) unless you are their favourite! And lot of other injustice goes on at Rexdale walmat, Toronto.
Interaction with lots of people, good store management, should encourage associates to grow, work culture is good, nothing hard about the job or the workplace, friendly people.
Working at Walmart was interesting because customers didn't really treat you with much respect because you work there, and that took a toll on some peoples mental health. Obviously that is not how everyone is, most are kind, but the negative ones come in so often, it's hard to want to stick around. I enjoyed what I was doing, but the customers were not fun to deal with when they think you're lesser then them.
Pros
proper breaks
Working at Walmart its never really slow paced, you work efficiently and quickly. I became super fast in my job as a cashier and received many compliments. I enjoyed the customer service aspect and having conversations with people, truly a day brightener.
I love working at Walmart. An overall very good place to start your career and very good wages and friendly co-workers and the environment. the number of hours offered for working is between 20 to 40 per week.
if you want work in a fast paced environment Walmart is best place. Work ethics are very strong Team based environment. Now a days due to pandemic sanitize every thing is good but sometime it gets frustrated.
overall it was nice to work. management was strict but nice to with. they always tried to understand their employees and tried to solve their problems.
You have to be able to cash people out efficiently and respectfully as well and keep up with how busy it gets! I would recommend working there if you are a student looking for some easy money!
Respecting all individuals, good management, customer oriented, schedule 3 week in advance. Reliable employer, good resources and benefits for all interested
management does not take into considerations employees mental health. benefits are not great for part time employees, should have full benefits due the wage and hours that a employee gets
  1. Customer Service Associate / Cashier