Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Stressful.
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB21 May 2018
Would not recommend. Very stressful. Managers are overworked and understaffed. To focused on mastercards and not enough on customer experience. Staff are just numbers.
Great Experience
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 May 2018
Walmart is great company to work for to learn and grow your working portfolio. They have a lot of opportunities to learn different skills in different departments.
very chalenging
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario23 April 2018
Working @ walmart is a very challenging for me because that is my first retail job. I started @ cash office associate which i learn a lot and dealing with management and associates is fun.
Difficult experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
Being a single mother and also having a disability Walmart Canada did not want to work with my hours to pick up my son from school or when i would get sick i would always have to fight with management to get better hours or try and switch with other associates working at Walmart Canada was a nightmare. Management made it very difficult for me to work at there store
very busy placeof work
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
a typical day at work would be me cleaning down my register. then opening, having face to face contact with customers. I learned a lot about how the store works, codes. I also learned where everything is. The hardest thing about the job is dealing with rude customers. People who do not understand how the store actually works. I learned a lot of patience working at the job. I don't really attend any of the work parties or anything.
Pros
close to other great stores.
Cons
Good
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 April 2018
I am really happy to be a part of Walmart. Family atmosphere in the work place is the highlighting part the job. There are no words
thanks
Suncy Sunny
Overall fine place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON11 April 2018
Not very flexible with hours as they are done by a computer. long hours on your feet. tough customers. possible long hours. profit sharing could be worth it
Walmart is clean and friendly place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborougho,Ontario3 April 2018
Walmart is a good place to work for they give
You normal hour and put up on a board a paper with shift people can not work and you can pick up a extra one or two shift
Pros
Friendly people, clean place
Cons
Someone surppose to take over was late or noshow, breaks were late
acquired great experience in workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2018
Nice place to work
Friendly atmosphere
Good management
Fun working in customer service environment
Busy workplace

Productive workplace
fun working in stat holidays
doing little exercises before starting work
having delicious coffee in the lunch room with coworkers
gaining new experience in workplace
fun working in helping customers to find the items they wanted
getting experience in working in different departments
focusing in work with cash register
love to talk about Walmart rewards master card with customers
Pros
potlocks
Cons
busy long hours
Goog Place to work and grow
Customer Service Associate - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 April 2018
Open-minded environment, with an appreciation for individual strengths. Managerial ways lead to self improvement. The company policies aim to a good performance and reward the compliance towards the BEST way
Pros
Flexible schedule
Walmart is an awesome place to work at!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, NB27 March 2018
I love working at Walmart, the people I work with are like family to me. On a typical day working at walmart I encounter tons of lovely people and sometimes not so lovely customers! I am learning to be more patient and friendly to people because treating people negatively affects their day. The management team is all so friendly and I am not afraid to go to them if I ever have a problem (which I haven't!!). I love when I can help people at work with problems like the placing of an item or with the pricing of an item.
Pros
The people and the amount of hours I get part-time
Cons
standing for so long
A different kind of customers
Cashier & Customer Service rep. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2018
Most customers I experienced were mean talking, disrespectful, and treated you like you were of no value, they were only there because of lower prices
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Not what you think
Cashier, Customer Service Desk, Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 March 2018
I loved working here. If you want to work and move up the choice is yours. There was lots of opportunity for growth here. I moved quickly from cashier, to customer service to department manager. Next step was managment school but I ended going back to an industry I had lost of experience with.
Efficient Environment
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queensborough, BC22 March 2018
A typical day at work consisted of customer interactions, cleaning the work area clean, doing inventory, working cash registers, assisting customers with questions, resolving problems, collecting shopping bins and carts, etc.

I learned logical reasoning in customer service. I also gained communication and interpersonal skills. I acquired the ability to multitask and manage my time efficiently to complete tasks on time.

The workplace culture was relaxed, yet a productive atmosphere. Employees were committed to excellence and to help each other succeed collectively. There was a lot of communication, empowerment, support, compassion, respect, flexibility, & positive reinforcement. Everybody knew each other first name basis.

I cannot think of the hardest part of the job. But however, the most enjoyable part was seeing my stuff and management because of all the positive reinforcement and constructive criticism they gave me.
Pros
I had a consistent schedule.
Cons
I was not able to meet my full potential.
hard work, constant changes
cashier duties and customer (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 March 2018
hard work days, can be very early morning or late night shifts
management open to discussions
constant changing of staff
wages vary
a variety of cultures working together
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
hard work days, night shifts
Wonderful Place to Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON20 March 2018
As a first job, the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. Providing an above minimal wage, and working around my availability all year round while in school and not, I truly did not want to leave.
Being trained in multiple departments made it possible for me to pick up shifts and obtain experience in other areas I otherwise wouldn't.
Its walmart
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SK16 March 2018
-Ok work environment
- Ok managment some are better then others
-Ok benefits
- you have to ask for time off 2 weeks to a month. A head of time........
Overview
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 March 2018
Wonderful team to work with. Great support from management and supervisors. I enjoyed the diversity in my job duties at Walmart. I hope to become a future employee again.
Great company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Campbell river Bc11 March 2018
Competitive wages, easy to move up in company, can relocate to any other Walmart, fun staff team, you can earn commission by signing people up for the Walmart mastercard
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Slightly boring
Micro managing
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2018
The front end staff are good and friendly. Communication problems between front end and backstage. Too many managers. Too much emphasis put on credit card sales.
Pros
Good front end
Cons
Too many managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

538.2K