Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

jobs were simple and easy to complete non stress eviroment, great for being introduced to the work place, always something to do, no job I was given exceeded my capabilities.
The manager was nice but the Walmart brand is not helping make jobs for Canada only cutting hours and not able to help paying people. I would never work here again.
Management never listened to input, never had anything positive to say to employees
management never knows whats going on and hours are always changing per week but most of the other employees are pretty decent and you also get benefits
Pros
decent pay for the work
Cons
bad managment
My typical day at work is helping stalk and number one take care of the customers.ive learned how to do some inventory,organization,answer any questions the customers may have. Easiest part of job is trimming the vegetables and the hardest part of my job is pulling skids . Enjoy work with my peers gained and learn so much from them . Management is great gain friendship with them also. When ever there was a problem that I couldn't fix or answer they were easy to get into contact to fix help out with whatever problem there was.
Pros
Free two 15 mim breakes
Cons
An hour lunch
it was an okay job, but honestly the management was terrible and rude, and completely not understanding at all. they were only concerned about the job getting done and did not care about the employees being comfortable and safe.
That was really good experience for the first job in Canada for every immigrant. But they want you to work only part-time and that wage is not enough for living in Canada.
Pros
first job in canada
Cons
too mane cons
clock in at shift time, learned how to clean bathrooms, do carry outs, management was firm but approachable, workplace culture easy going and team oriented hardest part dealing with customers
Pros
discount at certain places
Cons
annoying customers
i enjoyed working here, staff was friendly and fun, i worked at the jewelry counter so i didn't really get a lot of cranky customers. would work there again if i could get a Monday - friday shift
Working at Walmart was a great experience because i meet a lot of different people from different walks of life. Its a challenging job as i like challenges. it also help me to improve on my customer service experiences.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Closing shifts
I worked at walmart in Britannia Ontario. It was my first job and one of the best jobs I ever had. I was young, in my teens, but they worked with my schedule and anytime I needed time off there was never an issue. They always gave me the hours I was told the day I was hired, unless I requested different. They paid more than minimum wage, but not much more. The management team were so organised, everything was done correctly and on time. Overall, that was a fantastic experience for me.
Pros
Make you feel valued
Cons
Minimum wage
Busy and fast paced environment with one on one customer relations.i have improved on my multi task skills and problem solving . I have gained knowledge and experience in a management position . I enjoy the customers that come in from young to old . Development and growth are very important to me as well as furthering my knowledge and gaining more confidence and understanding .
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
Part time
every day at work it was a fun day and productive, this it,s because we was a team who really give the best we could! i learned to communicate more and to grow as a team.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
working at walmart was an incredible experience! It taught me the basic skin care material and also makeup application and how to mix and match according to people's skin types and tones. Not only did it help me with my obsession in skin care, but also customer service skills to the max. It helped me find what I was looking for and helped me decide what I wanted to do in my futute career.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Long shifts
Good for when I was a student. I found it very helpful working at walmart in developing myself and career opportunities fast paced job with little amount of help, a lot of micro management.
Cons
Not a bad place to work. My brother got me this job while I was still in highschool, it was my first job so I really didn't take it seriously wish I had though. Never met a boss or employee I didn't get along with, wasen't really there long enough to give a proper review but overall it was a decent place to work. Paid the rent.