Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Custodian

A typical work day includes a fast paced atmosphere, weather it be in the cooler or in the dry room, Shipping or receiving.Workplace culture is to stay focused on your task and department duties.Hardest part of this job is probably lifting freight at 50lbs , not just one box but there might be many to fill an order.Most enjoyable part of this job is the people you work with,Different cultures,and people.
A typical day at work, at Walmart, consisted of completing all tasks that are given by management by working as a team and sharing the work equally with co-workers. I would also, make sure that if someone was struggling to finish a job I would help them in any way possible. I have learned all basic and extensive cleaning skills such as scrubbing, waxing, mopping the floors, and shampooing carpets. Also, I learned how to clean washrooms and restock all types of washroom supplies. Management is great to work with especially when you have questions or concerns about anything. If I am in need of anything I know I can rely on management to help me and guide me in the right direction. The hardest part about the job was working night shifts, as I am getting older it is getting harder to work the night shift. Other than that if there is something new to learn about a cleaning product or about a new machine I am fast at learning about new equipment and adjust well to the changes. The most enjoyable part of the job at Walmart is the great relationships I made with management and associate team. Also, the most enjoyable part about my job was being able to teach new employees the skills that I have developed throughout the years by training them to the best of my ability.