Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Hired for seasonal work as Bike Sales Associate. Responsible for assembly, safety and sales of bikes for all ages, sizes etc. Was the only bike rep at store level.
l like to work in Walmart as its fast placed company with great hard work .Doing good things for are community and take care of the company employee and great them well. thanks
I worked for a third party company, under contact with Walmart. Management couldn't agree what work I had to prioritize, which caused delays in built building. Subpar communication from both companies, as well as OSL management having favorites.
I worked at Walmart for bike Crew for about three to four months. The management was fair and relaxed, the work load was not too intense and the pay was minimum wage. I worked at my own pace so long as I met the daily quota for bikes built and if assembling bikes got tiring I was always free to go onto the sales floor and assist customers with any questions regarding the bikes. Overall there was a fair balance of labouring work and customer help.
Friendly employes and management. ok pay. Good profit share and vacation pay. Walmart may not pay well hourly but you make more money collectively as a team if the store does well. you get up to $3000 a year in profit share and stake holding.
Pros
Good benefit, profit share
Cons
Very intense schedule
We had BBQ Christmas diners contest on photographer employee of them month and week You got a discounts on things in the store Benefits for heath career Discount on Boots
Pros
Some Times
Cons
Same houers
Pretty straightforward job, the staff becomes kinda like your family. They were pretty laid back and gave good consistent shifts that worked around your scheduls
This company does NOT care about the people working for them. You're treated like a number and if you happen to be full time they will try everything to either get you to quit or drop down to part time so they don't have to pay for benefits. For such a simple job, the work environment is toxic and feels like a high school full of immature kids. Save your sanity and seek employment elsewhere.
Good place to work just not enough money the employees are good to work with everyone is friendly very hard to get overtime and they can cut your hours at any given time
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Management doesnt know anything
Learn new skills everyday All of the coworkers are friendly and helpful Always get great feed from the trainer A lot of physical involvement
Pros
1 hour break
Staff was very easy going and fun to work with. There is lots of opportunity to learn and grow within the company. Benefits and the discount are pretty nice aswell.
On night shift stock for a super store, Groceries is a relatively simple and dull task. most of the other staff avoid each other, unless they already knew each other prior to their hiring by the company, and the shift design is nearly militaristic.
Pros
store discount
Cons
no community.
My time here at walmart was really hard work, working late nights is no fun for someone who use to sleep on time, staying up late and working at the same time , hard earned money. but you know , working like this is a very good for the soul if you put it on the positive side of our minds. Learning and understanding the way of life is something we all have to face everyday. but it's good. i have learned the hard way but it's all good.
Pros
discount on any products
Cons
8hrs of shift
I really enjoyed working here. Both management and co-workers were easy to get along with, and made a great team. I learned about time management and teamwork. I wish I could have stayed longer, but unfortunately I was only hired for seasonal.
Retrieved skids of products with power jack, stocked shelves, led and assisted coworkers, cleaned up. Dealt with multiple types of personalities, Learning how to use different pieces of equiptment, organizing. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay warm in freezers and coolers. The best part was the people I worked with and customers.
Pros
coworkers, constant activity
Cons
overnight hours
Renovation of the Walmart to include food isles and other new merchandise isles.
Somewhat consistent, job isn't too hard you just have to get use to the management style that can vary when they change managers time to time.
Standard "box on shelf" job. Learned how to use a box cutter, and warehousing. Management wasn't always the best. Co-workers were a good bunch of people, very few if any complaints. Hardest part was the deadlines. Completely filling the toilet paper department in under 4 hours. I could get it vaguely filled, but not 100% filled. Most enjoyable was the last 30 minutes of clean up, and working in teams, and a "blitz" team we did once, where we had a group that would just rush the quick and easy freight in each department, 1 person picking up the garbage, and off to the next zone, and the regular employee of the area would just stay there and finish up.
Pros
No experience nessessary
Cons
40 boxes an hour
Pick up grocery carts all day. Help out wit carry-outs. Picked up the trash from the parking lot
Pros
We got to have all the free water and gatorade during the summer that we wanted
Cons
It got hot outside.
My typical day at work was to prepare fashions for sales floor, and stock shelves, bins and tables. Help co-workers in their areas as needed and without being asked. Made sure the garbage was done and bales were made as needed, or any other task asked my manager during my shift. Having a manager who cared about her job and her employees made the job a great place to work. She would often give out candies or ice cream bars on days we were doing a great job of stocking. The most enjoyable part of the day was when we were all done our areas we would sometimes have things like kiddy bike races in front of the store, or coloring contests for prizes the manager would give out. Most managers were awesome and made sure you knew what a good job you were doing. the worst part of the job was if the trucks were late we were late on getting our jobs done effectively and on time. Being a team member on the job makes life so much more fun and efficient, and makes the work load a lot lighter.
Pros
free meals when we did great job or there was a special occasion, medical plan
Cons
sleeping during the day
management at abbotsford 3019 store is terrible.. they have no clue what they doing.. and they running the store down..