Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Courtesy Associate

Fast paced work environment. Must be able to multi-task and work efficiently. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers however, the job is easy.
If you have no choice by all means apply but make sure you are still looking for other employment. Those coworkers that have stayed only complain staying. Management sucks For me they are very discriminating in EVERY aspect to many workers and labour bourd doesnt help or going to HR is worse.
Pros
10 per discount
Cons
High Discrimination and horrible managers
It’s fun working on this place, coworkers are friendly and helpful. Managers do a great job. It’s a multicultural place that I enjoy so much. Store is been renovated and started to look amazing
Hanover Walmart Supercentre is a fun and friendly store. Great atmosphere, busy and time flies! I found the managers to be supportive, knowledgeable, motivating and up beat.
I worked there for two years and had the best management team. Most of the other associates at this location and very friendly and easy to talk to. You can also move around a lot here and explore new areas of interest within the store.
I’ve worked in customer service for years and this is one of worst places to work. The benefits are alright, and the raise is ridiculous. If you have to work here, then do so. They put me as part time so I don’t get the full benefits, even though I worked full time hours
Great experience, most difficult of job would be dealing with customers but you get the hang of it, breaks are provided promptly and work place environment is good.
Pros
breaks on time, flexible work schedule
Cons
dealing with customers
The workplace was fun and I learned many different skills - especially how to deal with people. I appreciated what I learnt at this establishment and is a fantastic first job.
people are very nice. the hardest part of the job is standing all through 7 hours shift. and some of the customers took advantage of their right when it comes to returning/exchanging their items without receipt.
When I worked there I was passed over for Customer service manager several times even though I could do the job.the raises sucked, the cashiers were unreliable, the turn over rate was high, some management was unprofessional, safe wasn’t treated very good.
Pros
Profit share and bbqs
Cons
Unreliable staff some management
Helping customers, answering a multi-lined phone, exchanging or returning products for customers, keeping my area clean and organized, sending & receiving money through Western Union for the customers, and taking complaints all taught me how to be organized, professional and detail oriented. The management was pretty good and I made some good friends there. The hardest part was when my department was slow and others were busy and I couldn't leave my department to help them. The most enjoyable part was being able to help others.
Pros
Staff appreciation lunches
Cons
Some customers cannot be satisfied, no matter what you do.
I would never recommend Walmart, it is definitely a place where they have preferences to foreigners who don’t speak their mind. Cut down to 12 hours weekly not enough for a person to sustain themselves, passed over numerous times for advancement when I was most qualified. Caused me more grief to work there than anything since they allow customers to abuse you all day long because you have to make it right for them no matter what.
Pros
Cons
Drama and little hours, not enough to live on
The work culture is rich and every day was packed with energy and enthusiasm. Dealing with many many customers each day with different cultural backgrounds, was like a new page of life time experience .It was fun ,it was energy. So much positive energy at work place.Each day a challenge and each day a success story.
Pros
Wonderful exposure
Cons
Decent place to work. You make well above minimum wage. You get breaks and lunches. Hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers and not being able to depend on your assistant managers to back you up on policy when you have a difficult customer. Most enjoyable part of working here is the work culture, you make a lot of friends if you're young.
Wal-Mart as an overall company expects a lot from their associates and does not pay enough for what is expected. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing most of the time. Their are great protocols that, if followed, make things better but no one is on board with everything like they should be and then there is no incentive to do better. And they do not care if you quit or are unhappy for the most part. I had good experiences but most of the people I worked with were not super happy there.
Pros
part-time associates benefits
Cons
terrible pay
Typical day at Walmart is fun; people often come with a lot of complaints and to make them happy I intend to apply various techniques. everyday I come across multiple challenges and to deal with them is fun.
I held a few different positions and enjoyed them all. I worked on the floor helping customers and keeping the departments tidy. I also worked in lay-away when they still had it!! I worked as a front end cashier and at the courtesy desk processing returns.
Pros
People interaction
Cons
Can be very busy
What do you really expect going in. It's a job like any other. Depending on the store you get what you get. Some managers are very nice while others have no idea what they're doing while employees have no idea why they're managers.
Knowing that you are going to gain new experiences working on the floor the culture is vast and the hardest part of working in areas that hasn't been stocked and the customers are looking for items and is unable to find it
A typical day: Open up the register and ensure there are enough coins and bills for the day Do the ''Left Behind" binder and give the money to cash office Complete returns and claim the items that cannot be put back on the sales floor Complete returns for online orders and do necessary paperwork Stay vigilant, and always check returned merchandise for fraud Deny any returns that do not follow the return policy Complete Western union transactions and ensure all paperwork is filled correctly, be aware of potential fraud Sort all recovery so that the sales floor team can bring it back to the shelves Call Taxis for some of the customers Answer calls and answer inquiries or direct them to the appropriate departments Train new associates Track all lost and found items count the float at the end of the night and give the surplus to the cash office with appropriate paperwork Ensure work area is clean and free of any safety hazards A good place to work because of its flexible hours, good staff and management Not recommended for those who cannot stay on their feet for a long time, people with difficulty in math and counting, or for people who are unable to cope with a high level of social interaction.
Pros
10% discount after working for 3-6 months
Cons
Customers like to yell at you for various reasons
a lot of work load is usually put on one persona lot of mess to clean up especially when it is busy in the storeoften have scheduling issues and when brought up to management they don't take accountability.
Pros
negotiable
Cons
managers, scheduling issues