Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Co-manager

Everyone works very hard . Upper management pushes hard to get work done with less people. Staff is very open and friendly .Customers don't appreciate the hard efforts you make
strong company culture, care or work life balance, room for internal advancement it you put in the time and work for it. good training program and leadership programs
Evertything is mandated by a corporate guideline, and you have to follow what they say exactly to a T and god forbid you have anything contrary to say because they ignore you or punish you for it. put it in way too much work for what it was worth.
Worked for Walmart the last 20 years and good company to work for . Treated me fairly . Salary is fair and the employees are great to work with . Benefits are top notch . Only con is work life balance for management is hard
Pros
Good benefits and salary is fair
Cons
Poor work life balance
Wall mart management pays well but your work life balance will suffer. I also wasn't a fan of how they treated there regular employees. If you are into working 60 hours plus a week on salary then this job just might be for you
Wal-Mart was nice experience I had no issues .i wish them all the best because i have learned a lot from them and the upper management and good luck
Very fast pace company with lots of Growth opportunities. Not much of a work life balance if you want a career with wal mart. Very competitive field....
this retail company has recently changed the culture of work/life balance. A typical day of work starts at 4-5AM and finishes when your job's done. No such thing in retail! The culture at this company is not as it should be in associate metrics and the new structure while supportive of associates,but did not train or empower them to be self thinkers or to succeed based on what little training they were given thus the low associate scores given to over all store/morale. The hardest part of retail is with the company reducing overall staffing by 20% you are not capable with current levels to perform at adequate performance.Its not a bad company but the left foot and right foot do not work in series thus no movement forward.
Pros
Company discount!
Cons
Extremely Long Hours
Worked at this company for almost 10 years and spent many holidays including Christmas day giving my time and attention to this company. The company has recently gone through a major restructuring plan and my position was eliminated due to this restructuring.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
I found you have no job security with this company, the turnover is very high below management level . Assistant manager and above the job security is next to nothing, so you will be taking a risk in taking a position at assistant manager and above.level..
Pros
salarly and benifits are average to above.
Cons
job security
lots to learn with the chance to improve yourself and grow in your skill set . as a manager work weeks are 50 to 70 hours a week work schedule doesn't leave room for family life
Start your day working on the floor trying to have your stock onto the counter from previous night crews productivity level. Walking with your store mgr and making the changes to improve the visibility of the sales floor. The expectations were to ensure their people did complete tasks daily. The culture started as customer centric and became more about KPIs. I enjoyed working with the people and customers who came in and were helped. I grew to know many of the customers personnally over time and all experiences differed.
Pros
I enjoyed the mentors
Cons
Less knowledgeable people within the stores
No respect for the individual. Retaliation is the norm from the Store Managers. Constantly in fear of losing your job. You're flat out told that you are expected to sacrifice your family life to keep your job and if you want to keep any hope of moving up.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Terrible work life balance
An absolute pleasure working as a Co-Manager at the stores. A great blend of learning and teaching. I get to fulfill my passion of interacting with my consumers to provide exceptional customer satisfaction.
Great company to work for, but expectation is too high, attitude of higher management our way or highway only.Zellers had a great balance of work expectation, b.c. fax it was my younger brother company but had great time there.
Pros
sky is the limit
Cons
too demanding
Great corporate culture. Opportunities abound beyond anything you have ever experienced and they are available to everyone that is willing to learn and work hard. Very fast-paced environment and constantly on-the-go. Must be able to multi-task and think of many things at once. Must be able to accept constant change. The only thing that will ever stay the same is that they are always changing!It you can't accept this, it will drive you insane!
Pros
opportunity to contribute and feel valued, possibility of advancement like no other
Cons
work/life balance is brutal for management, very high commitment to your career needed