Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Clerk

Everydays there a pallete of box to go pick up in the backstore. After unloading the order you focus on facing and helping customers find theirs products.
Pros
Employer discount
Cons
No one cares, and half the time your coworkers don't even bother to show up. Customers are rude and demanding, and you have no authority to assist with their problems.
It was a solid first hourly job. I started out in set-up then moved to a part time position. The people there are always wonderful, not to mention the greeters they are some of the nicest people out there. Good place to go when you're starting out after high school.
My daily routine included helping other either find the items they were looking for ,I was surprised of the things I learned from the customers about products and what they have experienced. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with everyone help was easy to find. I would say that the hardest part would be explaining to the customer that the favorite product is not longer being carried in our location ,but when you heled find them something that was similar then they were willing to give it a try just knowing that you helped was the highlight of my day .
Pros
Benifets
Cons
cutback on hours
Walmart was my first real job, it was a little nerve racking. However, the older team members were very helpful, as well as the manager. I could always ask for help when I needed it. I enjoyed working at walmart, helping customers was a big part of my day when I worked. There was nothing hard about it once I knew exactly what was expected!
Wal-Mart provided me with the hours I needed and gave me the days off when I was in school. However they are very understaffed and I was pulled from my department to work in other departments leading to not much work being completed in my department. However the co-workers were easy to work with and cooperative.
Pros
10% discount
They were ok, I worked there for 2 years and just decided I needed a change. Lots of hours and above minimum wage pay, the give you some great training too. It was a pretty good first job but I just got bored.
Awesome staff and productive place to work great management, also very fun at some points also some what rewarding overall great place to work
Pros
discount
Cons
Working with people is the best. I enjoyed working there and helping customers. Management were good. I enjoyed my co-workers very much it was a great team. The most enjoyable part was helping people on a daily basis. the worst part was finding stock in the back room but we all manged as ateam.
Pros
enjoying meeting different people every day.
Cons
there really wern't any
first I would check my e-mail for any critical issues then I would check and order the on hands for all the departments, then divided all the paperwork from the genicom for the department managers and the store manager. Deliver these items, Did all the necessary daily paperwork. Finalized all the orders for the day. Captured all the missed markdowns or markups daily, And do any other assignment that I was given for the day.
Pros
profit sharing yearly, deferred profit sharing, stocks
Cons
long drive to and from work
I can work well under pressure with minimal supervision and multitask to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment. I have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and excellent in customer service and hospitality industry.