Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Claims Associate

If this is going to be your first job it is going to be exciting, i wouldn't work there unless its your second job. The pay isn't comparable to the tasks asked of you.
This company gives you a lot of experiences. Every day is a new day with new challenges. This company is all about customers. If they are happy the company is happy. So customer entertainment is the prime goal of this company.
Recently applied for a part time position. Got email invite to an interview for advertised position. Arrived and was told this role (there were 2 actually) had been filled! So why was I even there?? I was convinced to apply for something else, which I wasn't too keen on as it wasn't really a job I was interested in. I went home and thought about it, deciding if I was selected I would just decline. Two days later I get an email stating that I had been hired - for the position I'd ORIGINALLY applied for, so I was quite pleased. Went through the necessary background check and chose my Orientation date. I arrived for that and was told that I actually DIDN'T get the position I thought I had (all the emails I'd received said I did), but I had the one I wasn't too keen on from my interview and had planned to decline! Talk about a huge let down. Very messy and unprofessional way to hire people.
My time at Wal-Mart started out great! It was enjoyable. Management was approachable and friendly. There seemed to be room for advancement. That changed. Managers would lie to my face, make promises the had no intention of keeping and make unreasonable demands. I saw managers swear at and belittle associates in front of others. The environment was incredibly toxic.
I had a good time working at walmart. I would like to say look for opportunities and you will find it.Sometimes it gets hard but its all good.Had good times working with good managers and the experience really make a difference.
While the job of being a Claims Associate can be at times frustrating. The atmosphere at Walmart is great and so is the Culture. Management was always easy to work and helpful when you needed something. The other associates made it an amazing place to work.
A typical work day work be very busy, handling returns. Ensuring customer satisfaction. ordering merchandised. refilling shelves, keeping walks free of debris, attending performance summary meetings. and helping customers.
Pros
Employees discounts and Walmart stock purchases for employees
Cons
Timely lunch breaks
Working for Walmart was a good experience. There wasn't enough employees to do the work. The regular staff was overloaded with daily duties that were impossible to complete. The rate of pay was very poor especially for someone who has an education.
It can be frustrating balancing workload and providing customer service. Ability to work in all areas of the sales floor is required. I rarely feel fulfilled in my job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of staff to complete tasks.
Not a good place to work, Management communication is very poor, No appreciation for hard working employees, lots of favor-tisim in the workplace unfairness, some employees give 120 % while others gets away with just giving 50%, no respect of the individual even though its preached every day especially from upper management.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
employee is expected to pay back hours they worked
Walmart is a wonderful place to work well for me i had a great time working here and would apply again had to leave because i moved. But i will be applying again because this plane became like part of my family and i miss working here.
Pros
Great Time
Cons
less hours
I process products that have been returned back to the store. I work with numerous courier companies and drivers in returning products back to suppliers or other destinations that are required. I also cross over into receiving product for the stores inventory. I have found that there is not much support for general associates with this company. Management is not properly trained in all positions which reflects on the associates working under them. High expectations with little reward.Even with these issues though the general staff seem to mix well with each other.
great place to work, hard work is recognized by managers lots of opportunity to grow and obtain different positions great management, must be willing to work hard
A typical day, I start with the returns processing and usually have a few managers add more shopping carts of deleted items to the line of stuff to processes. Throw out the garbage, lots of garbage, print vendor returns, get items into claims, finalize claims to ship, finalize faxed claims to ship, process and ship vendor returns, have lunch. After lunch send out more faxes, sort and distribute new vendor returns, do transmittal's, Sort, Donation and Food Bank programs and clean up. Hopefully, no manager will come and add more duties to the list. I have learned the hard sad truth that some of the assistant manager just view me as their own personal garbage woman and i should be ready to jump as soon as they bark. My co-workers are wonderful because most of them understand what I mean when I just say one or two managers names. We also enjoy the times that we can sit down at lunch together and just chat and laugh.
Pros
after 15 days accident free; donuts
Cons
everyone is so stressed, we rairly make it to 15 days
My day starts 7.am to 3.30.pm. First thing is to check my email for any updates. Then I print my daily's paper work and open claims report. Next is to work on return merchandise from customers. Attend morning meetings at 9.am, go for 15 minutes first break. After break, I get my UPS, Purolator and ATS parcels ready for pickup. Back to the office faxing and calling vendors for return authorization number in other to finalize my claims. 12.pm - 1.pm I go for Lunch. After Lunch, I work of product returns and defective merchandise till closing.
In retail business Walmart is a very good place to work because it has lot of departments and promotion system. Since I started with the company I have worked in different different departments. So I have learned a lot and I learned how to deal with people of different cultures. Overall management is OK and co-workers are pretty good. Most bad part is some customers likes to mess up the store even though they are not baying the product and most interesting is when we get any good comment from customers such as "very personal support, Great service" or something like that.
start off by doing the returns from the night before and any product returns vendors issue to meet deadlines. Covering breaks and lunches in receiving.
Pros
do lots for our community charities
Cons
having lots of charities customers get upest being asked all the time
Working with Walmart, has been a great experience so far. I have met managers who are willing to help me pursue my career by giving me the necessary advice for career advancement.
Nothing special, good for entry level but being a cashier was brutal, dealing with angry customer after angry customer drains you by the end of the day. If you're working in the UPC/Invoicing office it is a lot better but sometimes it can be really slow. Management is ok but nothing special.
I arrived early everyday and started work on my work according to priority. I have learned to be flexible to change and to work harmoniously. My co-workers and myself worked well together. I found sometimes the stress level high but I had good work hours..
Pros
good hours
Cons
some stress
- I have made more friends working at Walmart than any other company. The people who work there are a unique blend of personalities from all walks of life. Management is more of a mixed bag, but the ones who are good are great. Management will set the tone for your experience with the company. Good, personable managers who care for their associates are priceless, and each one will quit or start stealing from the company because they get paid as badly as you do. Bad managers think they're good managers, except that everyone they talk to is miserable for some reason. A bad manager will last forever, unless they get caught stealing because they get paid as badly as the good managers. - The wage is usually competitive to your local market. What they won't tell you, however, is that they will do anything in their power to keep your hours low. This keeps you from earning much of anything, and keeps associates as far away from the word 'Overtime' as humanly possible. The lunch break is an hour for this very reason. I ran a department alone that requires one full-timer and one part-timer to keep up, and I did it on part-time hours. I requested more hours, even offered to sign a waiver stating I didn't want benefits just money. Their suggestion was that I pick up shifts working the front tills, as though there wasn't 40-hours a week worth of work piling up in my department I could've been dealing with instead. - "Associate Appreciation" events are laughably bad. The annual 20% coupons are worthless because even with $120 knocked off the top you won't be paid enough to afford a - more...
Pros
Associates are usually nice
Cons
Managment is usually awful, wage is fine but overall salary is almost worse than nothing