Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Category Analyst

Walmart truly has a distinct culture, and instill the one goal to all their staff. Company wide meetings are transparent across all business, and encourages the staff to learn more about other areas.
Pros
Sense of Community
Cons
Management Politics
I have worked for this company for 31 years and appreciate how they care for their people. Many opportunities was given to me over these years and have learned a great deal of Leadership and Management.
You have a lot of learning opportunities presented to you at Walmart through lunch and learns and training sessions. Great environment to work in where you are constantly developing your skills.
One of the best places I have worked. I love working with new people and people that are out going. Everyone worked as a team
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Temporary Job
It is a place a young professional can learn a lot about the Retail Business. The chance of learning is High. Management is very controlling.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Stressful job
I spent 10 years working for this company for a reason. Many shift in management over the last 5 years blurred the vision for the company. There were plenty of room for advancement. Little room for work life balance.
A day at work is always full of newness and innovtion in terms of promotion planning and striving to do better to manage the category financials. It has been a lot of learning with new things coming your way every day. Learned a lot about the effective planning, vendor relation, people management etc. All the cross functions here are supportive enough to help you achieve your results. The hardest part fo the job is to how to get the maximum in the limited space and achive your numbers and the same has been the best part once you find the way and achive your target.
Pros
a lot of oppurtunity to build up your skill set
Cons
less of oppurtunity to utilise the skill set
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?