Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Cashier/Stocker

I became very close to those working around me. Everyone was willing to help one another out in times we were unsure. Enjoyed going into work every day.
It's a productive place to work, when I am concentrated in my work I don't feel the time. Time goes by quickly and I keep alert of help customers as they need my attention and I go back to finish my task.
Pros
developed a team work experience
Cons
sometimes deal with differences
fun to work there and meet new people .also you get to work in different departments and learn new things. you learn thing like time management and how to handle multiple situations at once
most days are slow and near the end of the day is a little boring. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with everything and the management's orders.
Wal-Mart was my first job when I was 16. I wish I know a whole lot more about the work place and what needed to be done. I probabl;y would of stayed there longer.
one of the best places i worked but the reason i left was because of school. managers are friendly and help full. there is alots of room for a person to build his careers
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
CSMs don't know what they are doing or take forever to respond to their call. Managers seem to just walk around the store talking to another. They hardly seem to do work.
Pros
Occassional free baked goods
Cons
Late lunches
if you need a job sort term its ok. can be ok hard on the mind and sole . some management is ok others not so much .so people like it the it was ok for a bit but wares on you.
great place to work. easy to follow rules and regulations. managers are very friendly and always willing to help out. easy job to maintain as well as good money for inexperienced people.
Working with other staff and management is very efficient. The goals of the day are clear and precise and the job you are meant to be doing is very organized. Working at Walmart I've learned great customer service experience, techniques in being outgoing and approachable, effective in resolving issues, the ability to think on the spot, and work with other people in being an overall great team. The hardest part of the job is satisfying the customer when we are out of certain items when the policy is satisfaction guaranteed. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work along side great co workers and being able to satisfy the customers.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Minimal benefits
its a good place to work and learn more about the work more and increase your overall capabilities and abilities. I'm learning the new methods of inventory control and overall management of such a big store
Pros
friendly envoirnment
Cons
basically none
I think Walmart is a great company I'm glad i worked there. with all jobs there are ups and downs after all its a huge business.
Pros
dollar coffee's at Mcdonalds, discount, great work hours, friendly team.
Cons
very stressful, extremely busy.
night stocker, items on shelves and display promotional items, help other team members complete daily task on time, maintained cleaniliness of workplace area
I was a front end cashier. stocked shelves, cleaning duties. I enjoyed my coworkers and the front end management. I really enjoy retail an would like to find another job doing the same work.
Good people, very productive, hard work, customer service.
I loved this job. Everyone gave me a p^leaseure to work there. It was a great experience.
Pros
Great deals
Cons
Not enough Hours
When I first started their it seemed okay, but I did get suspicious when they would hammer into us it's your walmart and we value our employees. They started me as cashier, which I didn't apply for because I knew that was a bad idea, but took that position anyway. After about 4 months the store manager and a former assistant manager called me in the back and asked me if would work in the sporting goods department because some customers were complaining that I don't smile enough or was to slow. A lot of times my slow service was a result of long lines, due to a lack of cashiers and customers squawking that prices were wrong and making me waste my time trying to get an answer from the departments, which also lack staff. Especially in the evening. When they told me all this I told the assistant manager who hired me I told you didn't I, to which he answered, yes you did I'm sorry you obviously know yourself well. So I was moved to the back area to cover not just sporting goods, but seasonal, pets, toys and automotive. Most of my shifts began at 3:30 PM, at the same time the department managers were getting off. I was also usually covering these 5 departments by myself. The department manager of toys was not pleased with my performance because it was not zoned to her standards and there are only about 10 people on the night crew, who don't have time to get everything done. When I complained about this department manager not getting things done before I arrived and the lack of staff, they just said "It's not in the budget and it's not the department managers job to stock the shelves. - more...
Pros
Guaranteed credit card
Cons
Lack of staff, more work than I could handle, unrealistic expectations
I enjoy working at Walmart because of the open door policy. the policy though in theory looks good, management is overwhelmed with too many targets it makes it difficult to practice to policy. A great customer experience on each visit is very important to the Walmart family. being a peak time associate like me means, my hours can drop to 13 hours a week without notice even though the Manager in my Department tries to give me at least 24 hours a week.. Walmart celebrates all achievements by its employees but the peak time associates have no benefits except the employee discount and profit sharing. It is the people that I serve each day while I was in the bakery, while I was a greeter and now as a cashier that make the difference.
Pros
we celebrate diversity
Cons
personally I get fewer hours than I need
When I was in the stock room, all I'd do for 8 hours was pull the boxes off the truck and sort them out. They'd then be delivered throughout the store in the corresponding departments. Sometimes my back would get a bit sore if I wasn't lifting probably, but for the most part, it wasn't hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the job would be going to the mall to eat every day. I absolutely love chinese food.
Pros
Getting a workout
Cons
Pay
My day at this company involved wahing transport truck and trailers.i used a high powered pressure waher system and worked with chemicals,As the trucks would arrive they would need to be pressure washed inside and out,management at this job was great,the owner was afriend of ours for years,hardest part of this job was working outside in the cold winter months,My most enjoyable part was answering phones and doing office files.I learned to be fast at my job and to be able to do the best job possible.
Pros
i was five minute drive from home
Cons
it was cold working outside in the winter
I loved my job at Walmart. I got lots of hours and the people and management were awesome to work with. Very friendly environment.
Pros
Lots of hours, friendly staff and managers
Cons
Wish I got paid a little more but other then that awesome job