Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

I really like working for Walmart and all the people I work for. Its a great company as they work with you for how many hours you would like and after a year you get part time benefits.
Management is horrible. Constantly yelling at teenagers, children, for stuff that 90% of the time is managements fault. Make maybe people cry and give hours impossible to balance with school. Staff is very two faced and constantly talk badly about others. My manager tried to refuse me time off 2 days after my friend died tragically. I wouldn’t tell anyone to work there.
Pros
10% off and 20 somedays
Cons
Unflexible, poor management and wthics
They start out nice, but then out comes the credit card sales pitch. You’re expected to sell people a MasterCard at the till with no financial training, most associates are unaware that every time you apply for credit and are declined your credit rating takes a two point hit.
Pros
I dunno?
Cons
Too many to list
Love my work at walmart its a wonderful place to work I recommend everyone to join the team and lean good things professional and personally their best thing is that walmart consider their associates as their family
It Depends on What location you work at but some Assistant Managers just don't do their jobs ,some Policy from home office are just stupid. You barely get paid just above minim wage, plus the pay is not staggered like it should be. Some new hires could be making the same amount or more then an employ who had been working for them for more than three years.
Pros
nice coworkers.
Cons
abuse from customers, managers that don't come when paged or called, too little pay for the drama you get. Policy's that don't make sense.
Walmart is good for students for people who are retired who don't need very many hours ... It is not good for people who need it as a way to pay bills ... Walmart does not work with other places so if you wanted another part-time job you will have a hard time doing that
Pros
It would be good for students or people who are retired
Cons
They don't give you the hours you need to support yourself
I took leave for a anxiety problem and they wouldn’t hire me back. Yet I received awards for many things I d I’d grest I was very hurt when I was turned down all the good guys are gone.
Pros
Good friends
Cons
Mixed signals betweennmamagers
Not a good place to work if you have things to pay because you won’t get many hours, if it’s your first job it is a good place to start out to. It’s easy working there and the people are nice to work with.
my opinion, i am a very opened minded and try to be genuine and never generalize a race into a catorgory, and walmart is the complete oppsite,awful awful time
Pros
Cons
over works you and is rude about. no nice management and racism.
Never had an issue. Friendly people. Always helpful. They train well. Great work environment. Hiring and training manager were very good. I still miss those good days...
I was on cash and I loved it I had to remember a lot of numbers and it was fast pasted work and I have been on the floor and in garden centre and I love it all
Honestly the worst job I ever had in my life. Management was poor, schedules were never properly put together, and the gross miscommunication between management was constant. They'll promise you upon hiring that you can have certain times off (IE Christmas, a well known blackout holiday) in order to keep staff. Going home at the end of the wasn't even a respite, because you still have to go back to florescent lights and soulless "welcome to Walmarts"
Very fast-paced and somewhat demanding, but with little to no gratitude. Management could not organize shifts up to par, which resulted in me filling a lot of other roles that I was not trained for. The only really "good" part of the job was some of the coworkers.
Dealing with all categories of customers was a hectic task, should be fast with the cashing and packaging the stiff as the environment is fast paced. The management is friendly, no stress a work, learned to greet and respect customers and make them happy and help them experience he best time at Walmart.
schedule according to your availability and you can get enough hours. can switch with your co worker if you can t take the shift. flaxibilty at work place.
The moral is so low, you couldn't find it if you tried. The management treat you like garbage, as do a lot of the employees because everyone is is so miserable all the time, they take it out on each other
There are mixed reviews, while you can meet a lot of good people as co-workers and they did give annual reviews with on the average salary increases, because of changes made it has put more pressure on the front end, they may not eliminate jobs, but hours have decreased substantially and longer than normal at this time of the year. A lack of communication and to many employees and customers complaining. While we do some really nice customers accepting change, the others are hard to handle. Management should try boost moral, communicate better and give people with seniority more benefits(hours, better shifts, etc.) and their is a lot of negativity among front end staff!. However, the discount is nice including an extra one before Christmas.
Nice people and good management and they have really good infrastructure and As a Walmart employee I like to work with other. Moreover they have good facilities and insurance benefits.
They have the dumbest dress code I’ve ever seen. Managers expect you to be next to perfect. Late breaks all the time. Being put in random situations that you shouldn’t even be near cause I’m a cashier. Constant bs from customers
It was really a great fun working at walmart. Learned many skills like customer service at it best, quick learner, problem solving, meeting-up with deadlines etc.
One hour long breaks. 25% discount. Friendly staff. Friendly people. Working tills. 2 breaks
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Could pay more