Walmart Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,369 reviews matching the search See all 163,551 reviews
Good work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS13 January 2019
It is a good job. and I enjoy this work. I have learnt many things experience, positive thinking, team work. the hardest part is timing. every day different time
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB11 January 2019
The work is great if you want to work. I learned how no one cares about the job, how the coworkers say ^ this is not my part of the job^. The management is worthless doing noting, with the hands in the pockets walking around the store. The culture was ok, some of them with complexes . I loved my job.
Pros
Cons
The worst management ever
Fast pace and fun place to work
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB10 January 2019
It was always busy which was nice so you never had to stand around. The people that I worked with were very nice and sweet to be around. My bosses were great to deal with
Pros
Long shifts
Cons
Rude customers
Friendly and developing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  160st White Rock7 January 2019
Working in the Walmart is the memorable time in my life. The environment is very friendly and I learned a lot about how to manage work in a team and how to manage individual responsibilities. I have very good bonding with the managers over there and I really enjoy that feeling when the customer appreciates me after my service or after helping them.
I would like to working in the friendly and co-operative environment where I learned new things every day. I enjoy to work with or deal with the people of different culture.
Thank you.
Harman
Pros
Full Shifts of 8 hours
Cons
travel long distance
good place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC7 January 2019
bad people it was a very bad environment to work in because of the people who worked there, all were snobs and thought they were better than others. but a good place
Productive, fun, great people, nice work space
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB6 January 2019
It was busy helping all the customers. My people skills went up a lot. The management was great. All were friendly.They was a ton of work place culture.
Pros
More hours
Cons
Short on workers
wasn't the best environment to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 January 2019
management was awful, they didn't take into account of what goes on in a persons life and would not accommodate hours to work with your life style. however most of the front end staff where friendly.
Horrible
Retail Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 January 2019
DO NOT WORK HERE. Management do not act appropriatly toward their staff. Time off requests are never granted unlesss you have worked there for a long period of time.
Great experience with a lot of work and learning curves.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 December 2018
Working at Walmart has provided me with a lot of experience dealing with customers and management. Management pushes hard for Cashier associates to get "Walmart Rewards Mastercard" which is difficult to sell and is one of many tasks as a cashier working at Walmart.
Pros
The pay
very good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON30 December 2018
I was the great experience
I got very good communication skills working with customer.s
now i came to know the actual demands and services of people.
Pros
staff was good
Cons
long standing hours
cheap
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON29 December 2018
cheap material products you could make on your own for 1/2 the price .

co workers for the most part were all incredibly kind, which almost made up for the daily dose of whiny and rude customers
It is a good place to break the ice for a new comer to Canada.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 December 2018
It is a good place to break into the world of work for a new comer to Canada. A friendly place with a very strong customer oriented corporate culture.
Pros
Friendly culture
Cons
Sometimes, very long hours without a break
Productive and fun
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK19 December 2018
Walmart was fun being a part of. Busy fast paced environment where you get recognized for your work. Being a cashier was the best part as it was the last check point to meet customers.
At first, it was fun place to work but not anymore
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 December 2018
When I started working to this company, it was fun place to work for, however, over the years, different managers it got change the work environment. At one point it was fun.
Worst place to work
Cashier/ courtsey desk (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB17 December 2018
Management dont care about you and they believe customers over employees. Told no full time yet there is . Was told I would be promoted and that didn't happen. The worst managed business ever.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Great people, Okay place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON11 December 2018
I learned to extend my customer service skills, and typically I would cash people out and bag their items. The management did not seem to always communicate properly but things were handled proficiently.
Pros
Great Breaks
Cons
Interferes with school schedule
Great for students
Self Check Out Attendent/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON10 December 2018
I worked with in the company for almost 3 years and loved every moment of it. I made a lot of friends and always had a good time going into work as everyone was so friendly and they became family. As a cashier and also self check out attendance the job was not difficult at all, the hours were decent about eight hour shifts each. The breaks are amazing as you do get more Breaktime then you would at any other position I’ve had in the past, Approximately an hour lunch for an eight hour shift plus 15 breaks in between. You were never expected to do more than what’s outside of your pay grade which allows you to focus on your job and do it well. We did a lot of training every couple months which was actually really great because it allowed me to develop different skills and understand how to problem solve in certain situations that I can take with me for the future. One of the best jobs I’ve ever had as a student as the hours are very flexible, the management is very understanding and you were always able to find somebody to switch shifts with you or take your shift as there is a lot of employees.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Not enough advancement to a higher position
Cashier Position at Walmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2018
Working as a cashier at Walmart, my daily task was to cash customers out, bag their items and be able to get them out of the store in a timely and respectable manner. As a cashier I learned to memorize all the codes for all the produce items, and find methods in which that would make my job more efficient to our everyday customers. I also learned to utilize my customer service skills when dealing with a customer, and try my best to assist them if i can, If I am unable to assist them I would locate them to someone who might be able to.
Pros
meeting new people, building relationships, learning how to manage my time.
Cons
long standing hours, also can be very busy at times.
easy transitional job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 December 2018
management leaves much to be desired.
there are difficult customers, but those aren't as often as the good.
coworkers super friendly for the most part.
easy to take time off as long as you give required advanced time notice.
Pros
super flexible with scheduling
Cons
management, monotonous
Lots of hours offered to work during the summer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC5 December 2018
a typical day was busy. I learned all the ropes of being a cashier. Management assisted in any way possible. the hardest part of the job was dealing with customers at times, but it was most enjoyable, too, meeting customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

544.2K