Walmart Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,286 reviews matching the search See all 149,639 reviews
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2018
great experience being a cashier, handling cash, balancing cash, helping customer for merchandise , credit card bill payments, return items on customer service desk
Cashiers treated poorly
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2018
Cashiers and customer service employees were treated horrific at the store I was at. There was no room for advancement. There were no raises. It was not a good work environment.
busy work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC9 August 2018
Very busy with so many customers with so much product. Lots of cash handling. Learned patience with the irate customers and that everyone is so different from one another.
at least they paid slightly above minimum wage
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
walmart customers are willllldddddd!!!! hardest part of the job was the anxiety you get when you have a long line. most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out and getting chocolate with my discount card during my break.
Pros
1 hour break and two 15 minute breaks when you work 7 hours or more.
Cons
customers always looking for discounts and free things, plus the cash machines are from the 1800's Jesus! using it is like figuring out a rubiks cube.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON9 August 2018
Very friendly enviroment
Cash out customers
Good attitude
Customer assistance anytime needed
Try to elaborate on creditcard appications
Layaway purchases as well
Pros
Nice friendly atomasphere
Cons
Didnt consider employees looking to advance
the mangment dose not know how to do there jobs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 August 2018
they suck at hours and the mangment dose not know what there doing at the east side in saint john NB all the store manger cares about is the bottom line
Pros
Cons
no hours
It’s a good place to start my life in Canada
Cashiers (Current Employee) –  Vegreville, AB6 August 2018
As a cashier in Walmart, days start with greet customer and handling cash and credit. Work in a retail, you can see so many customers and dealing so much different characters. The hardest part was dealing with the grumpy people, But I always holding my friendly smile. Anyway, there are more friendly customers always there. And it’s my pleasure to serve them!
dependable job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 August 2018
in my time at walmart, i had some amazing co workers. But unfortunately at least at my location management wasnt as understanding as i would of liked so i made the decision to move on to a more supportive working enviroment.
High passed work enviorment
Walmart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 August 2018
working for Walmart has its ups and downs. the staff are good people and are very nice to work with. The work expectations from the higher up mangers is stressful to say the least.
Pros
all the hours you want if you ask
Cons
do not expect time off
I enjoyed working at Walmart. It was a great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 August 2018
Walmart is a great place to work at. it was my first job. I enjoyed most of my time there. It taught me a lot. I would recommend it to people who love to interact with customers.
Pros
Good Pay & Benefits
Cons
Long hours on Sundays

Want to know more about Walmart?

Ask a question
It's a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 July 2018
hardest part is having to deal with customers who are persistent that you don't know how to do your job. I learned that not everything is as easy as it may seem. There are good days and bad days. Mostly depends on the management sometimes you ask for holidays and instead you get more shifts than usual
Pros
hours
you gotta kiss a** to benefit here
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 July 2018
the management is rough, im sure they try their best but value of the individual is not a priority there. they live for quarterly results and expect you to bend over backwards for them at the drop of the hat. the company itself is not awful, they provide part time benefits, one which is half of off a goodlife member ship and 75% coverage for medical and dental. they only hire part time an expect your availability to be open. getting time off is difficult due to "black out" periods when no vacation requests are approved. not a good place to work for students as they require you to be available friday evening to sunday evening plus one day in the week.
Pros
part timer benefits
Cons
management does not value the individual and you only get your schedule 2 weeks in advance
Friendly Atmosphere
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL26 July 2018
A very accommodating workplace for people who have physical or mental health limitations. They create a safe and inviting opportunity for associates to advance no matter their age, sex, gender, and sexual orientation.
Pros
10% After 3 months probation
Cons
Standing in one spot for long periods of time
A little stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON25 July 2018
Walmart was a definite challenge. once you get the hang of things though it becomes easy and a fun work place. There are many departments so there are lots of people you have to get to know, but they all become great coworkers in the end.
It was a fun place to work at with flexible work and break times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 July 2018
Cashier was a fun job as from the moment I would stand at the register to the end, I would love greeting people talking to them about their day and helping them checkout their items. There was no hard part because I liked the job.
Decent Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2018
It is hard to advance in Northland Walmart. Job security is good in that there are employees that have been there for over 15 years. Staff are friendly but the management in uncaring for staff.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB24 July 2018
This job was decent,
Was very repetitive, but very easy job to catch onto. Your learn new skills every day and learn about different types of people.
Bad management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC24 July 2018
Some of the other parts of the store was okay but most of the management was able to be seen walking around the store playing on their phones and talking to each other. Leader hid in the office and never came out.
Wonderful Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2018
The workplace environment was great, everyone got along as well as the managers. We all were a big family and the only reason I had to leave was because I was only a holiday worker, although I have no regrets working for the company.
Travel
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 July 2018
Interesting part of the work was travel to different schools to promote Lambton College. Why students should choose lambton college as for career. Preparation for the events.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

540.6K