Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,856 reviews matching the search
Walmart is good for a first job but cons were that it would take minimum 3 days to switch you shift with someone else, and when I first started I was working part time for 16-30 hours a week to less than 8 hours after my first year. The work was very easy and involves you to do some problem solving on your own but usually the customer service employees would come help you if you had any problems. Breaks also very depending on how long your shift is so you feel rejuvenated through the hole thing and they provide 11+ hours of modules before you start on the floor and 2 days of shadowing somebody on cash so you are well prepared which was very helpful.
Pros
Good breaks, easy work, lots of training
Cons
Unpredictable hours, shift changes, poor management
Not sure if it’s just the location, but working at Walmart was horrible. Management treats you poorly and yells at everyone constantly (especially when I was new and learning), customers cuss at you, the store is unorganized, and most of all they’re inconsiderate. I dreaded work each day. I think it could’ve been a lot better with different management, but I don’t know for sure. I recommend never working there.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Very stressful environment. They expect a lot especially from students but pay very little. Management is cruel and borderline abusive. Not worth it at all.
Pros
Always get scheduled breaks and lunch
Cons
Way too much work for the pay
i worked in walmart for 4 months as a cashier and I had an excellent experience with them. My Manager is very kind and helpful. As a student, sometimes i got trouble with shift timings but my manager always resolve my issues at her end in better way. I thank walmart to being me as a part of it. It is not walmart, it is MY WALMART.
Team work is not appreciated.As a Cashier you will feel pressured to score more Walmart credit card sign-ups.They will pressure you to get more donations.If you don’t they will make you feel that you are useless.
Pros
Co workers are friendly
Cons
There is not enough room to write the cons.
Excellent teammates and great management lots of opportunity to grow in, flexible working hours all co-workers are very helpful to each other. Highly recommended
I enjoyed the public side of the job. Helping customers etc. Staff at similar level are fun.Mngmnt left a lot to be desired, lots of push re CC sales.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Too much pressure to sell Walmart Credit Card. Named and shamed
Training was minimal, procedures change depending on the Manager working at the time. Some managers get over stressed and relay messages to cashiers in inappropriate ways, my last customer before leaving actually apologized to me that I was inflicted verbally by a CSM for taking things into my own hands at lunch break and shutting down my til, even though I looked and did not see a CSM. There had been times when you follow a CSM procedure and then left standing and trying to figure out what you should do because that CSM is no longer there and no one takes over to follow the same procedure. Many people are rude because it is so busy and cannot figure out why they don't have all the til's open. Cashiers are overworked during tourist season and don't get enough compensation. Pushing the Mastercharge at the till is frustrating, most people already know how they want to pay, and maybe this should be done in-store instead. No young cashiers work at this store, word travels. Did enjoy talking to people and just doing the cashier job once I figured how to handle different circumstances. Management above CSM really does need to pay attention to what is happening out there and work with the CSM's to make sure they all follow the same procedures.
Pros
Extra discount day, Talking to people
Cons
Flipping shifts, 7 days shifts
My review is harsh because I was not ready to leave but was given no choice. I wanted to change departments because of health reasons and they refused to move me even though there was a position available.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Staff
Jist like any job there are always good and bad and honestly it can be stressful however. Sometimes you have to have thick skin. Lots of personality Dont sweat the small stuff enjoy your job
Pros
fun, interactive, supportive, employee discount after 60 days, shares, yearly bonuses after you work a year
Cons
Hours can suck, sometimes you wait longer for breaks and they rotate managment every 6 months
As a cashier it was fun to work. Day passes fast by chatting with nice customers . The only negative thing was that they wanted us to sell Credit Cards also which was not easy because of other people waiting in line. Managers at my location were supportive. Lunch room was big and they often had free snacks for us.
Pros
Fun to work, time passes fast
Cons
Difficult to get a full time even after 3 months
Believe in yourself when you work at Walmart and meet your goals. Management is super friendly and keep motivating their employees. During COVID19 I was lucky to have job and Walmart supported me to mange my expenses with high incentives. I feel safe and secure.
Competitive, fast paced, enjoy meeting diverse customer. Discounts for employees. Career opportunities. Achieve confidence for your career. Friendly environment.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Very bussy all the time
They make it sound like its all about family. This couldnt be farther than the truth. They bully people back to work if they get hurt. Pay is an insult for the responsibilities.
Cons
Management does not support nor care about employees. They pay the least that they can that is legal. Most of the time sale items don’t show up on the register. Do not work there
Cons
I enjoyed my job. Stressful at times with having to ask customers at different times if they wanted to donate money to different charities. Co workers made the shifts go by quickly. Supervisor seemed to be not an approachable person but I believe the supervisor I had is no longer there.
Pros
hours available if you wanted more
Cons
can cut hours down
You feel considered and values as well as you work with quality people and professionals. Co-operative managers. Flexible hours and can take an off liberally.
It was alright people were kind, some customers were rude, the work is demanding and competitive but rewarding in the end. You'll make great friends and have great experiences.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Some difficult customers
It’s an okay place to work at, the only real challenge I’ve had to face were the extremely rude and crazy customers. But if you’re looking to get into business it’s good for workplace experience.
Its an okay place to work. Obviously the customers aren't great but you're going to get that anywhere you work. My biggest issue with working here was they didn't care if you were sick, they wanted you in.
Pros
Easy job to do
Cons
Customers and management
Walmart sells alcohol so cashiers must take SmartServe training provided, have more responsibilities & potential liability for same pay. Req'd to ask customers to sign up for Walmart credit card at till while scanning, price matching & SmartServe screening, must ask for charity donations & ask survey on receipt irritates customers.be completed for draw too. Customers want cleaning done too. Poor communication b/n staff & mgmt. Very outdated equipment, lots of bad design. Sometimes lack necessary items. Be aware of your breaks & end time.
Pros
Lots of hours during busy seasons, PPE now provided, some great co-workers, employee discount after 3 months
Cons
Standing, repetitive motions, not living wage, no full time hrs, rules differ b/n mgrs, poor benefits only avail after 12 mos, positive actions ignored, never know if mgr will receive messages via Blackberry, virus safety concerns, other in store jobs not listed internallyl