Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Cake Decorator

One of my favourite jobs. I loved working for this company and the profit shares were always a nice bonus. I've never done cake decorating before this job and now it's a skill that I never knew I had.
Only apply to walmart if you have no other job offers. all they hire is part time and the hours promised are terrible. theres no benefits and its hit or miss if your management is good.
Job is exciting and fun, the bakery department gave me a lot of customer service experience. My manager and the whole human resource team was a joy to work with
Managers treat u like dirt and you are always to push the Mastercard on all people it's horrible and people with less experience get the jobs cause there family members work there
Walmart offered an enjoyable work place with endless advancement opportunities. They offered an abundance of hours even for part time and provided an easy going work environment.
walmart had lots of opportunity to grow. the hours for the cake decorators were pretty good. worked alot of weekends but never late at night. the store manager was even around once in a while to check in with the staff of each dept.
Pros
share holder cheques
Cons
under paid
regulated shifts and breaks appropriate pay for work type great bonuses and benefits in the company many promotional opportunities career opportunities
all in all my general review for Walmart as an employee was in all honesty exhausting, for a very unfair wage. my responsibilities in the department include everything from ordering product and supplies, organizing said products and supplies when they would come in, customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction with products questions and concerns. Other responsibilities included making sure shifts were covered and employees were punctual and responsible for shift coverage in the event of and absence.
the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with customers and helping them what they need or what they are looking for. The workplace culture was very friendly.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Far away from where I live
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
The Fort Saskatchewan location is a very friendly place to work. Management was very easy going. I went in not knowing a thing about decorating cakes to making beautiful ones and taking customers with me.
Walmarts values have changed from what they once were. When I first started to work for them I enjoyed going to work. But over the last 2 years it became more of a chore. I always worked hard but the appreciation for that hard work is not there anymore. You can work 10 skids a day and they now say well why didn't you do more. It is hard to go to work everyday giving 100% and getting no Thanks and seeing others who do not work as hard or even show up for their shifts all the time get the benefits. It is also the Pay like really I worked for the company for 10 years and new employees were making the same amount of money now that is just sad.
Overall one of the best places I've worked. Staff is great.Lots of hours are available if you want them. Opportunity for advancement Welcoming of everyone
i just graduated from high school and i am looking for a full time job in Toronto. I work Monday to Friday, starting from 4-5 am to 2 pm .. Loyal and Respect to my co workers and Amazing with costumers.
Good job for part time work. They have geed benefits for full time associates, but not very many perks other than that. Management could be better, but jobs are super easy.
Through the years I've worked at a few big box stores here in Canada and the U.S.. I have to say this Walmart in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario has been the best ran, most fair one I've worked at. After being gone from there for 4-5 years I still can walk in and have associated chat with me as I was still there.
Typical day at work composes of cleaning, panning bread and decorating cakes. Every day is busy especially on Sundays. My co-workers are helpful and accommodating. The hardest part of the job is taking out frozen dough, cleaning and organizing the freezer. There would be a day when I would spend 30 minutes to an hour in a -18 degrees freezer. The most enjoyable part of the job is decorating cakes and cupcakes.
A typical day at work consists to attending customers. Job responsibilities depended on the department I worked in. Walmart was my first job. I learned a lot from working at this company such as: -how to multi task -how to provide excellent customer service -what it takes to be a great employee -time management The environment at Walmart is friendly. My fellow co-workers were overall nice people and great to work with. I would rate management at Walmart a 3 out of 5. It all depends on the manager who are dealing with. I always looked forward to going to work, while employed at Walmart. Everyone was friendly and we all worked as a team, to help one another.
Pros
Holiday dinners, employee discount and coupons.
Cons
Low pay with great deal of responsibilities.
learned alot from my manager and co workers and to my day to day work i possibly i am well trained and excdellent in whatever task i will be ask to do.I am a great team player and i am easy to get along with.
Pros
good benefits