Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Bakery Manager

Many Changes made in the Company. They made me perform more duties without a reasonable pay raise. They make people work crazy shifts.That make you physically and mentally tired.
This is an ideal job for a part time school kid or part time college kid.. If you like that kind of environment fast paced job this is it. But on your feet for along time.
A typical day in the workplace consisted of more work then could be physically done by one person, all job duties were geared to be delegated to a staff of 11 and with no help to recruit, I found myself covering multiple shifts and tasks and to be stressed and accumulating over time hours weekly, and having to go in on my days off regularly, my co workers in my department were great, my colleagues in the management area were over worked and under appreciated and loosing touch with their home and family lives as this business required so much of our time, relationships were falling apart, in the year that I worked my colleagues were loosing weight, bags under the eyes, the stress was obvious, the most enjoyable part of the job, was leaving it to go home to my family.
Pros
the salary wage was good
Cons
56 hour work weeks
Great first time job, if you don't really care about anything just a little extra money. Not a very good place to work if you like to plan things for weekends and need money to pay for bills.
Cons
low pay, treat workers like they are nothing
very hard very fast pace very high expectation very stressful little pay BUT...... very understanding huge family oriented good profit sharing program
Pros
over all not a bad place to work
Cons
very fast pace, very physical
followed up on daily tasks, e-mails, communicated directives and maintained bakery area to maximize profit and sales
Pros
loved the freedom i had
Cons
alot of work and responsibility for one person