Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Bakery Clerk

I was interviewed by one of the managers; and i was told one thing in my interview and they have not kept the agreement they have made with me. The manager has also shredded the agreement on my paper when the store manager went to look for the agreement it no longer existed therefore was no proof. She was unprofessional and unpleasant to be around.
Poor management, gossip central, favouritism, little consideration for associates, worked almost every weekend, poor hours... lots other places to work than here. It's no wonder they cant keep anyone
I met some really great people working here. The management sucked. They will try to avoid solving problems or shift the blame onto you. My department manager was passive aggressive in the communication book kept in the department. There was constant conflict between day shift employees who tended to be older in age and the closers who were mostly students. The work place was very hostile. Complaints were not taken seriously. They are crashing and burning now.
Enjoyed working there. Had to relocate with husband , due to his medical condition. Co-workers were nice and very friendly . Management was as good as Walmart allows .
Pros
not from from home
Cons
not enough hours
depending on the management the work is fun at my store we've change manager more then 3 times and that cause argument within the employees and employers
It's a good job to pay the bills if you're a student looking for work or for a summer job. The co-workers are fun to work with (mainly because they're in the same range of age) and the managers are okay.
Decent job, not to hard. Poor management, managers do not care about employees, and do nothing to fix problems leading to a toxic work environment. Would rather hire new employees than keep current.
Pros
easy
Cons
toxic environment
you don t have management support.They treat you horribly.They work you hard and the pay sucks.The manger there walks around the store and is useless,Majority of the time he sits in his office,Suppose to be open door policy,Thats a bunch of bologna.I tried talking to the manager but never has the time to busy playing video games on the computer,Very very high employee turn around,The employees that are there are miserable.Also if you leave there theirs no chance of rehire-ability.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Productive work culture, fast paced but fun. Friendly co-workers. Nice management accompanied with good incentives. ..................................
A normal day at work in the 8am to 4pm shift i worked was getting the rest of the packing done if we had a skid I would go to the freezer and take care of it. Good work environment and lots of positive people. Made a lot of nice friends. Management was hit or miss depending on the manager and how they personally felt towards you. Hardest part would be having to catch up on the morning person if they didn't do their job.
it is a fun place to work at but depending on the management , it is quite annoying sometimes to work since they expect too much
Pros
fun place sometimes
Cons
long hours/management
Working at walmart was fun at first. But then it ended up me doing most of the morning clean up for half the morning, while having to balance putting product out on the shelf.
Pros
understanding
Cons
Management was not good
It was hard work with low pay; Terrible management that took advantage of regular employees; No benefits No Union protection Not a good place to work
During my time working at Walmart I have picked up on many skills such as organization with stalking shelves on the floor and in the freezer. Time management, by making sure all the bread is baked in the morning before the store opens and also making sure my tasks are done before I leave to go home. Customer service, by answering the phone to take bread or cake orders, also assisting any customers out on the floor. I also learned about Leadership by training any new employees and making sure everything is done before everyone goes home for the day. I have enjoyed working at Walmart because I have met allot of friendly people however I felt that I was pushed more to be the Manager of my department and it was very stressful but I learned quickly how to handle it to make it work out in the end.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
poor managment
Typical day for me would be starting at 5 a.m and working till around 1:30. During that shift I would bake buns and what not so it was all ready when the store opened and I would prepare stuff for the following day and put away skids of frozen product. The management isn't the greatest they just do not seem to always know what they are talking about. I got along with all my co-workers never had any issues or arguments with them. Hardest part of the job was really just getting out of bed and being to work for 5 in the morning, Best part I have to say is baking cheese breads.. they always smell amazing.
Opening of bakery @ 4am preparing all fresh bread for the morning bake ,taking cake orders and greeting customers
Pros
personal days
Cons
not enough hrs