Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Bakery Assistant

Easy to handle most of the work. Teamwork is important here. Even fast-paced work environment does not make it feel like it's overwhelming. Break time is a huge plus point.
I like the environment that I work in. I have a very nice department manager. Who is always there for us. Its my first job too. I am happy to be apart of the Walmart family.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
No overtime
i've worked at other retail jobs and wish someone gave me a heads up earlier about this department (in this particular store). the job itself isn't bad, its just a lot of physical labour, back and forth movements, baking, and stocking. it ends up being a lot of repetitive work with lots of stress on your shoulders to complete yours, and other peoples work. you're trained to work in both the bakery AND deli department. however, one coworker in particular, (you'll eventually meet her) made the job more problematic than it should have been. she made the atmosphere of the job very drama-related and talked about her coworkers for absolutely no reason. she would expect you to do her job, all while she was slacking off doing nothing. the gag is: everyone in the store knows this about her too. a lot of the workers who are OLD in the store do this and literally have nothing else to talk about other than cry about there job and whine about coworkers.tldr; you'll be fine if you know how to mind your business and have thick skin. just reconsider a different department if you feel like you can't handle it. because personally I found that the job was fine, just the coworker (you'll know who she is) was very hypocritical and stubborn.
Pros
lunch breaks, the pay, 20+ hours.
Cons
being blamed for things that weren't your fault, coworker
I got hired 3 months ago as bakery but I got switched around to every single department everyday the employees are very rude and expect you to do things quick and when you do listen to them they will criticize you for not doing properly i have never felt like they accepted me in their team and some of them even tried to get rid of me by asking me to do something for them then reporting what I doing to the manager. If you work here you will feel under appreciate and will face constant verbal abuse from staff and even when you try to defend your self they won't listen to what you have to say just because your new. Multiple times I tried doing the task they asked me to in the way they showed/asked me to and after when I'm done they blame me for something else that I didn't do. The expectations from this company and the staffs here are over the top. They expect you to run the whole store by yourself.
Cons
terrible employees, constant verbal abuse, treat new staff as slaves, the staff will try to get rid of you, not understanding or accepting, terrible management
staff are not the kindest. A lot of bitter old people or gossip filled teenagers/young adults. Working in the bakery can be tough if you get a shift that requires you to bring up the stock, as the freezers get very cold, and the boxes are big and heavy. The management is the worst part, there is clearly favouritism. The teenagers get in trouble a lot for extremely small things, whereas the older people get away with anything and everything since they have been there so long. Managers clearly don't know what they're doing..
Pros
Flexible schedule, you can choose your availability for working
Cons
Bad management, not the friendliest environment
Walmart is an average company where business conduct is not as great as it is expected to be however there sre lots of people who like to work there or to shop there for its simplicity
I liked working there. it is a big store and a great opportunity for me to know about the new things, people, and their culture. I was a great experience
Good learning opportunity for start-up job and providing good health and other benefits to their employees, friendly working atmosphere with job security
The managers were really horrible, didn't care about employees at all. They went out of their way to make everything as difficult as possible. I enjoyed the actual job itself, but the management made working there unbearable.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Working at Walmart was great, the managers were pretty good, the store manager was amazing. everyone was a team player, always accommodated your schedule. Overall is was great working at Walmart.
Great place to work. Shift are all over the place. One day you work days the next evening the back to days. Management is very friendly and easy to get along with.
worst place to work , management needs to treat the employees better than do especially the ones who have health issues . I could not work in cold places like freezer and cooler with out getting super sick .
Pros
Nice Co Works Minus the Managers
Cons
Managers need to learn respect
When I started, there were enough people to do the work and expectations could be met. After a few years, part time turned into full time hours with little raise in pay and still not classified as full time so no benefits. Worked hard to get everything done but wrecked my body in the process.
Pros
Worked around my family schedule
Cons
Bad pay, no benefits, hard laborious work
Except for the last part of my working there it was ok to work for them. The jobs they give are not too hard. While I was a cashier it was easy to do. Jjst had to keep your scans up. Needed more work on the card applications but not insurmountable.
Very busy work place but its fun working with every employee and every people, very relaxed environment especially at Scarborough Town Center all the manager are all so cool
I got Wonderful experience with them, I learnt how to work in a team and individually. I do not like one, other associates are not cooperating sometimes.
A normal day at work is running around and trying to keep shelves filled and customers happy, with being able to answer their questions and help them find products. It isn't always easy you'll get customers that will be frustrated or angry form other associates not answering there questions and you will have to manager an situation to the best of your ability and most of all don't take anything personally.
Multiple department/assistant managers creates a stressful environment due to the fact that you're being told to complete different tasks by different people, each of which supposedly has the "most urgent need". The employee discount and option for benefits are incentives to continue working there. Most employees can be friendly. Advancement seems nearly impossible, as people who have been there for years and deserve management positions are still overlooked.
Not really stressful expect if it is busy,I learnt how to interact with different people.the best part is that the time her flexible to work. I work as a bakery associate which enables me to learn some baking skills.At Walmart is is a mixed culture from different part of the world so we learn from each other.
Very upset at not getting shifts for 2 straight weeks! I was told the min. hours would be 12 hours per week, I am now told I can go 4 weeks without a shift. Very upsetting!
I worked with quite a few good people but management was hard to handle. I enjoyed it when I worked with certain people but others made my time there unbearable, I would report issues and they wouldnt get dealt with in a timely manner.