Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Baker

They always treated me with respect, and like a person. Everyone shared worked responsibilities and made it easy to want to come to work. I was never afriad to ask for help.
I do dishwasher and server And a finish three months and move dishes to back of restaurant inside every day eight hours For per hour I wars get $13.
Not bad working at walmart. Just that it is not easy to work as a team. Some people are not hard working but manager gave them more ahours. When you ask them to help to get things done they will complain to the manager that you are ordering them to do somethings and she will back them against you.
overall nice experience , working in Walmart is really nice, always you get chance to talk to new people, managers and co workers were really nice, i left my job because i moved to another city i really looking forward to work with walmart again
Just don't do it, it's not worth the stress and anxiety. Management is horrible, and the workload expectations are way too high for one person to do. Grossly understaffed as well.
I worked there for one year and my mental health went downhill and I tried explaining that I couldn’t make it in too work because my mental health was acting up and I couldn’t show up to work because I was scared to leave my house because of my anxiety
Pros
Boss
Cons
Employees
Able to really get to know your coworkers and become comfortable with working with them. Management was always really kind and willing to work with you to achieve better results.
My duties were to prepare all baked goods for the store. Some products required different procedures. Occasionally I was also required to assist other departments.
Pros
Consistent and flexible breaks
Cons
Extreme heat
I would bake pastries and savory food in the morning. I learned how to manage my time and work with customers. Management was not always supportive, therefore I resorted to an employee support group. Workplace and culture was not the best. The hardest part of the job was working with my manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was decorating cakes.
Pros
decorating cakes
Cons
physically exhausting work
A typical work day consisted of stocking up shelves, baking goods and helping customers. I gained a lot of customer service experience, and the coworkers and management were good. Overall, the workplace was very enjoyable and education experience. I would highly work again for walmart.
I feel like a lot was asked for a one person job. They did not allow team work to get big tasks done. Not enough time to get a task done. They could have approached things differently, if they wanted it done very specifically.
Pros
Get off early
Cons
Work such an early time
this was nice and quiet management trusted you to get your stuff done and do what you had to to go home was relaxing and calm but the pay was low and no insurance or extras
working at walmart was a great experience. the management team always took time out of their days to help you if needed and there was always enough time to have a life outside of work.
I loved working in the bakery but the hour drive every morning at 3 am was far to hard on my body. I loved my coworkers and the job was so much fun I wish I could find something in smiths falls similar to it.
Great place for a part time job, good admin and upper management, great place to gain starting experience for other jobs, overall a friendly place to work at.
It is a fast paced environment. The benefits are good if you are lucky enough to get full time status. A lot is expected of you and schedules are not that flexible.
I was a co-op student when i did this, i love baking that is what im goign to college for is to be a pastry chef and this was s good place to work and get exerpeice in what i love.
Pros
good expereince
Cons
starts very ealier
Work started at 3:30 am every morning, every day was a learning experience. Management and staff started the day with an update on productivity. Interacting with the customers was exciting.
Pros
Lunches with my team-mates
Cons
I was diagnosed with Celiac and therefore could not work as a baker.
i open the bakery prep all morning baking's for daily use for public. Train new hires, help the public . I close when I need to, train for the night time closing shifts
Pros
friendly team
Cons
not enough staff
It was a great tie over job until something better came along. I worked in the bakery and they were training me to decorate cakes and cupcakes for the showcase counter. I enjoyed my time there but it was not a permanent job for me. I stocked shelves, decorated cupcakes, wrote on cakes, bagged bread and buns as well as date tagged them, took cake orders, handed out cookies to children, answered the phone, priced the discount rack.
Working at this company is an eye opener. Total train wreck. You have people in departments making out on shift while working. Disappearing Management when waiting for a final check at night sometimes waiting 45 minutes. All about sales and getting people to apply for mastercards. I worked here for a month and left. This walmart puts the fun in dysFUNctional. Wow
Pros
Leaving for the day.
Cons
Returning for next shift