Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Backroom Associate

I worked at Walmart during my senior year of high school. I met a lot of friendly people. I had a great trainer therefore it only took about one week to learn the job.
Pros
Coworkers were very friendly and helpful
Cons
Required me to be on my feet all day
Not all Walmart’s suck to work at, this one however was very bad, I’ve worked at 3. Management was not helpful, the customers could become violent, and fellow employees constantly fought.
Pros
Discount
Cons
The people
Working for Walmart is very stressful. Aside from good benefits and fairly good pay, the management is rude, abrasive, rude, and incredibly hard to work with.
When I first got the job working for Walmart, I was ecstatically happy. Working for the biggest Retail Company in the world SOUNDED like an honor. Of course, over time, I knew that it wasn't easy but whatever got me to improve on my workplace skills, I'll take it.
Benefits
Cons
poor flexibility
Store #1135 just completed a lunchroom update and is in process of setting up online grocery shopping section in the backroom. This store has great management and staff.
I have countless stories about how obnoxiously capitalistic but this one takes the cake. IT IS TRUE! I was called out for not raising my fist in the air during the walmart cheer we did every shift. I was pulled into the office and a discussion was had. I don't remember the whole thing but, "remember who writes your paychecks" echoes in my head. When I told my colleagues about this, one of them immediately quit. He walked into the office, after 20 minutes emerged without a vest and said good bye.
It's a fast pace environment, learned a lot of great skills in my time working there. Management was great and usually on top of things, and made sure tasks were delegated properly. I enjoyed how the team was more like a family and how well everyone worked together.
Good place to work while in high school. Good work environment, little stress, no pressure. Very easy going atmosphere. Managers are understanding and help out when needed.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Politics
It's great for younger people who need a part time job, you meet all different kinds of people. The people of walmart is real, you will see and hear odd things daily.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Management is tough to work for. Other full time and part staff are amazing to work with. They treat people differently some like myself were required to do more than others. They never seemed to replace workers once they left. Management is thier downfall
Pros
other full and part time staff, discount card
Cons
Management, Hourly Rate
A typical day at work was tiring but eventful. I preferred working at cash instead of in the back stocking because I enjoyed interacting with people. While working at the back they pushed us to get a lot done and sometimes it wasn't possible; but even with that in mind my co-workers and boss were very nice and accommodating towards any problems. Training was very easy to access and they made sure that everyone was up to date with it all. The working environment is fast pace but it is a great place to work because everyone is kind and we all became fast friends.
Pros
fairly flexible hours (at cashier)
Cons
long hours as backroom
Enjoyed working nights. We knew what was expected of us. However, if someone called in sick, because we had a limited crew it changed what our duties were at times, or our station could be changed. Procedures were changing, so what was done one week may not be done the following week. Case in point that top "bins" were used for light and small boxes, then they were to be cleared. Next month we get them back, then they had to be cleared again. Very frustrating. Busy night we may or not be in the backroom. When needed I helped to work the stock.
Pros
Same schedule all the time, with a few changes as needed
Cons
On a different schedule as your family
Easy but tedious work Backroom was often overfilled. Decent nighttime management but poor daytime management. Paid the same but expected different work loads from similar waged employees .
Pros
Non
Cons
Improbable work loads under certain working conditions.
My shift was strictly from 3-11:30 with no rotation of weekends or day shifts. I would get to work at 3 and stat unloading a truck, after the truck was unloaded you were to stock all the items from the truck in a given time. Management was terrible as they never work with their employees strength and weaknesses. Hard work is rarely appreciated.
Wal Mart is a mega company. hey say they care about their employees but I did not see much of that. All hey cared about was emptying the truck. In the 3 and a half years I was there not much changed, except they got younger more arrogant managers.
bad place to work unless its just part time, work is very repetitive and boring, employees arent the friendliest, management is hit and miss some are decent others horrible
Management was very laissez faire, did not work much, sometimes would leave me with too much to do on my own. Wage was lower than what I signed for and I had to fight to get it changed. Other wise was an excellent place to work.
Pros
Excellent breaks
Cons
Unmotivated management team
Loved working for this company. The people were great to work with and i loved unloading the trucks and taking the deliveries and doing the receiving's. the management were awesome people to work for.
I enjoyed working for this company. I received and unloaded trucks daily and then worked product to the floor. i learned how to use power equipment to do my job related duties. the management ere great and handled any situation that was brought to their attention.
Management send a lot of time sitting in the office eating and talking and do not do much to help you. When you do speak to them it usually feels like you are interrupting something or they are telling you that you are not doing something right - usually because you were not given the proper training and things change so often its hard to keep up.
I feel like at Walmart no matter how much you do you are never appreciated. They over work you for the most minimum pay, not really a chance to forward your career here