Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Automotive Technician

management but limited capabilities but walmart likes robots that will listen to what they say. made auto techs do work that were not in the job description.
Stocking shelves and keeping inventory up to date. Worked in the automotive shop, doing oil changes, tires swamps and tire repairs. Management didn't care too much about what we did.
Pros
fun job easy work
Cons
the day wasn't good
Walmart is a horrible place to get a retail job. The managers from experience are awful. Many lack common decency and have very un reasonable expectations due to them having pressure from upper managements with un realistic job quatas with the ultimate goal of making as much profit as possible. I understand that's its busness and that's the goal, but I find Walmart quick to Sacrefice its staff in the process of this.
Pros
oppernity to grow if you can play the game
Cons
very bad management
I enjoyed my time with company. I especially enjoyed all the people that I met. There is a GREAT group of employees there. They do a great job helping customers at least the dedicated ones.
Pros
great employees
Cons
pay needs to be more
good management. they understand the employees ok work environment good team members very good work schedule hardest part is dealing with some customers.
great staff to work for fun job, got to work multiple deparments but the bad thing is is their policies, if you work hard easy to get raises and advance withing the company
Pros
good breaks and holiday hours
Cons
not many hours after the holidays
This has been my favourite work environment yet. Everyone is looking out for your best interests and are always willing to help.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Low pay
Big company with full personnel system and good training projector. but fixed job contents feels sort of boring. working environment is perfect.
Pros
work steady
Cons
boring some time
Working there I had a great time. The staff was awesome to get along with.
Pros
Staff members who greeted you every day.
Cons
Shouldn't have went to Automotives dept.
Started in the morning with a Wal-Mart cheer. It was a very friendly place to work and I still am friends with the employees
Pros
1/2 hr lunches
Cons
A typical day at work would be, open up shop in the morning. Set up the equipment, wait for our appointments, or walk in. Answer phones, put stock away if we have any.That pretty much covers it. At Wallmart T.L.E. (Tire Lube Express) I learned a bit about the automotive industry, and how its very important to keep your vehicle maintained. As for management and my co-workers, we were like family. The hardest part of the job was, sometimes dealing with mean costumers. The most enjoyable part of the job, is doing something is doing something I like.
Pros
I get a discount on Wallmart products.
Cons
Working every Saturday
good days work for decent paygood people to work with and serve in local areasgood benefits etcworkin with locals and being close to home
Pros
easy work
I go to work and check what I have to do that day. I have learned to be respectful and helpful to my co-workers. There is nothing hard in my job at all.The most enjoyable part of my day is that I gave wal-mart the best of my ability at what I was doing that day.
Pros
co-workers are very nice and you get free muffin at mcdonalds
Cons
not enough hours
  1. Automotive Technician