Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Associate Manager

A typical day would involve prioritizing my work through price changes, stocking product, and following flow chart module updates. Learned a lot about customer service and dealing and delegating work to associates as a manager. The most enjoyable part of my work was dealing with customers and fellow associates.
No one will ever retire at Walmart if starting career there will find and excuse to let you go somehow after 6 years as manager told me I was not management material. and let me go. As an associate or department manager very satisfying positions. However pay at this level is not sufficient.
The store is a major mess up after new store manager took over. He decided to become cheap. Was promised a higher level of pay but turns out only a dirty minimum wage job. For the amount of hard work that the staff do, that's not enough. Go figure why the store is in a bad situation currently. No one cares about the job since they're under paid and they like to hire students who barely know how to speak ENGLISH. Also their discount is a joke 10% on a billion dollar company... Really? Hours are horrible and don't count in ever being full time here even if they promise you since there are people years working there and nothing except empty promises.
Pros
Flexible hours mon-fri 3:30-midnight and some saturdays
Cons
Very unorganized client, software crash, unprofessional management for the client not the agency
Average place to work good job for a student looking for employment. Hours are all over the place and they are always under staffed never enough coverage
Hey terrible place to work all the company cares about is profits they fired someone dying of cancer because they were not productive do not think of working for them
Pros
Cons
cheapest company in the western world
My co-workers & I work long hours to provide Canadians with viable shopping options so they can live better. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of providing our Associates answers to questions they may have regarding their employment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?