Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Associate

Worked overnights as well as afternoons. Like any minimum wage job you work hard and get paid. Nobody is ever leaving here a millionaire. It has pros as well as cons. It will help support u through college or high school. Good as well as bad managers. Customers can be challenging, also be a joy as well. Not the worst job and definitely not the worst pay either. Benefits are available and usually good at following availability.
Pros
Benefits, inclusion and discount card
Cons
Hard work and can be long hours
No one appreciate your work even your supervisor believes on the other employees. If you are not a yes-man kind of person you can't survive in this company. It was my worst experience working their.
You are able to work hard in the job but don't get paid enough. Part time is great when you're a student as income is coming but Full time salary in this job is hard to justify in any economy within the last how many years I've been working here. You'll be stuck here if you rely on this income.
Pros
Great flexibility for students
Cons
Pay is way too low
Management is a mess, the scheduling is horrible and you work long hours. Lunch breaks are not paid and you must clock out during them so they can only pay you 7 hours for an 8 hour shift. The work is extremely demanding and stressful as the fashion department is always understaffed and busy.
Pros
Starting wage above $15
Cons
Unpaid lunch, terrible management, and understaffed
Okay job for the first 3 months, but once you are off of probation, management stops being nice. They demand the world of you but can never seem to figure out how to pay you more or make it worth your time. Good summer job for a student, or as a "in between jobs" job, but you will never advance within the company unless you bend over backwards for them.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No appreciation, bad wages, bad management
COMPANY & JOB ROLE: I worked at Walmart for a little over a year overnight and occasionally day shifts. The work was a decent, but overnights got stressful. Overnights you are expected to complete all skids from truck load that night and had to bin overstock ( bin overstock means to print labels on all the products that didn’t go on the sales floor & updated it in system). Most importantly zone shelves (bring product to front of shelves). During the day you didn’t have to work under as many deadlines because it’s expected you would interact with customers and when on sales floor. STORE: Im solely speaking on my experience at the store I worked at. It could be different at other locations. I found that nearly all departments were unorganized and didn’t run smoothly. The work environment was decent until covid hit. During covid the store manger seem to care less about employees and more about the reputation/ financial loss of our store. They hid the fact that covid was amongst a couple employees on two occasions that I can recall. It was confirmed by department mangers when confronted. Seems a bit unethical to not inform us. We don't need to know the identity of the person due to confidentiality. Other than that there is a lot of friendly employees and a lot of diversity. We occasionally got free snacks, lunch and candy in lunch room.
Pros
Some good department mangers, friendly/ diverse group of employees, sometimes they have free food in lunch room
Cons
Overworked, unorganized work environment
Walmart is trash to work for, slavery with extra steps. Corprate scum that dont care how mentally or physically strained you are even your 65 or 16.Refugees last resort for work.
Pros
10% off everything with walmart card.
Cons
Terrible people
You won’t get a decent job , all student from over seas will getv20 hours while you are told they have no hour fir your Canadian self , try living on
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low poverty wages
During my 2 years working at that store my life hit some serious hurdles. My best friend passed suddenly in an accident and my marriage fell apart. I made management aware of the troubles I was facing and that my attendance may suffer due to the resulting mental health issues. I was a 36 year old man dealing with serious problems, but I was treated like some teenager playing hooky. I finally couldn't handle the pressure anymore and quit. My vacation time was not paid out on my last pay cheque and I doubt I'll ever see it. For a company that boasts of it's "Family-like" work environment, the way they treat staff struggling with mental health issues is shameful. Also, I was hired in July but didn't get my first shift until the second week of August. I was informed by co-workers that this was to disqualify me from profit sharing for that year. Worst employment experience of my life.
Cons
Company has zero regard for it's employees. You are a number, disposable and easily replaced
Walmart will do everything to make you *feel* like you are appreciated and valued, however they will not back you up when you really need it. Illusion of a good workplace until something goes wrong.
Pros
Free shoes yearly
Cons
Clientele and Management
can be better in support of how much they pay their employees. the system to grow or the opportunity is very less or if it is given is according to hierarchy.
There are very good and organized policy and processes, but don't have enough compliance.Over stressful job (Management think all the workers are robot.Grouping/lobbing and biased Management.Wages are very less according to the job.
Pros
Well policies and procedures
Cons
Very poor compliance
For the type of work that is required to be done the employees are under paid for the hard work they put in for this company to take in thousands everyday.
working at walmart was very busy and on the other hand very friendly environment. work included maintaining cleanliness on the salesfloor and back room area, stocking merchandise and placing items on shelf.
For a first job it will provide you with some skills that will be helpful in future careers (like customer service). However, after about a month of working here I have had a hard time getting up to go to work in the morning because the motivation to do my job just isn’t there. Management can be good, but it seems like that depends on if they really like you or not. I have always had good experiences with my managers, but I know people who have nothing but terrible things to say.
Pros
Good for learning
Cons
Almost everything else
it was ok working in walmart. the work load was low to medium. people were helpfull and managers listened to us. we got the shifts of our choice. it was an amazing experience in helping people find the right product and interacting with the locals.
You hvae to work more than you're expected to. You have to be very co-operative with customers and very patient. always should be giving your 100 percent.
Pros
flexible, long breaks
Cons
management
the Walmart in Spruce Grove was a great place to work with a very supportive team that where very friendly everyone worked hard to not only provide good service but also to help each other
It is a fine enough place to work. Do your job and go home. Growth in the organization depends on your line manager. Work hard. You always get paid on time.
no one will train you properly... communication within the organization is poor....management is not strict that is why associates do not care.. pay is almost the same to everyone, does not matter if you do the hard work or not.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
pay is low
Pretty good place to work. Would 100% recommend this to a friend. The department manager is very chill. Very easy work and there is always work to do in the fashion department.