Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Asset Protection Associate

Good place to work and job security is guaranteed unless you did not do any thing stupid. Benefits and salary is increased timely. Co workers are good.
Walmart Canada is a good place to work. The company provides opportunity to grow through online free training. The organizational culture is very good and the management works closely with the employees and there is always appreciation for good work. If you are good performer, everybody around you appreciates. The overall culture of the organization is built on the legacy of commitment to service. The senior members including management team often work on the floor with junior team members and always remain accessible for any support.
It was ok for temporary work and income, but I think for a serious person like me who intends to support his family to the best of his abilities I could do better.
Good for starter job and good place to learn and polish your skills.Management is positive and give our opportunities to grow in retail sector.Lot of training programs and top management is always available to give answer to your questions
Most of the managers were great in my location but the training was awful. Hours in my own experience were awful, senior co-workers will always have priority on hours so you may not get your desired shifts. The employee discount is only 10%. Although I only worked here for a couple of months I did not enjoy myself, I constantly went home feeling unfulfilled, there are no areas to grow within your role, which is something that I was told would be possible (I.e. no supervisor position for loss prevention) if you want to grow past loss prevention then there are positions open. You get anual raises however they are between 10-50 cents and very few get 50 cents. Overall it is a good job to have if you are transitioning from jobs. Lastly apps, apps, apps, (apps=apprehension) you are expected to get apprehensions as much as possible for anything, arresting an individual for illegal activity is a good way to learn however depending on your store you may not apprehend as many people as others. My last point is a positive one, you can network well with officers this is for those who want to be any form of law enforcement, it is good way to get to know those in the uniform.
Pros
Good way to network.
Cons
Undesirable hours, co-workers (depending on location), and not paid lunches
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
  1. Asset Protection Associate