Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

I have a lot of good, and a lot of bad days with Walmart. Management needs reform - The people who worked the hardest seemed to get more weight on their shoulders, the slackers weren't pushed (or at least there was no change) in order to avoid confrontation. A lot of gossip within hourly associates, not always the most positive place to be. New way of working (WOW) seemed to put more responsibility into part-timers hands ie. people who don't really care about the company. Depending on management, I had a good experience whenever I needed personal days off. I enjoyed getting to be creative and not having management hovering.
I go in, gab a little to co workers and start my daily routine. Usually there is something new to learn each day. The hardest part is always getting along with co workers
it was really busy place but I loved so much and it's now time to move on with my career, and I enjoyed helping customers and my co workers, I had great team thank you Walmart for everything.
Complete distribution center with delivery on time and all the time. Fast environment with good communication from Director level to Team member. Involved team member in all activities.
Pros
Free Benefits
Cons
24 hrs working
Walmart is a good place to start your career. The best thing about Walmart is Job Security. Even at peak recession, we didn't feel any issue in regards to layoff. While pay is basic and not much to write about, the benefits are good. It used to be easier to climb vertically career wise but lately, it has been tougher because of internal re-organization. Like in any organization, there are lazy ones and hard working ones... lazy keeps on being lazy and hard working ones keep on getting more work. If you have a good supervisor, you will be able to climb up the ladder and if not, you get to work years in the same level with no promotions.
Pros
10% discount on most purchases
Cons
Very stingy on giving holiday gifts.
I like working there before and hope to get opportunity to do it again. When I was there it always felt good when finish a modular because it looked clean and new. Also did Office Admin, UPC, Invoice, Claims, Receiving, Directs, cashier and dept mgr.
Most management doesn't do what they say they will. Don't take anyone's word for what they say. The better you do at your job doesnt mean anything, besides getting made to do more work and nothing extra out of it. for example jobs that arent on your hiring list that they say is your responsibility.
Pros
some decent people work there you just have to find them
Cons
no recognition for what you do until you quit
Walmart use to be a great place to work but with so many job cuts and the expectation of one person to do the work of 5 it's exhausting. Not to mention the poor management and very little pay. However, I love the hours and flexibility for time off.
The staff was friendly and always helpful. The hours were manageable and time off for appointments were reasonable.It was challenging but rewarding at the same time.
There are many challenges working with in this company, will not accommodate your family status. Not much room for growth. Very busy very hectic fast passed environment. Not much positive feedback. Very limited to other job opportunities. And very strict on allowing logistics personnel to move to the corporate environment.
Pros
Incentive pay
Cons
Various work hours not much days mon-fri available
Workday started with planning for day, meetings, e-mails. Reports retrieved on business results, get together with co-workers on projects, New projects planned, General administrative duties during day.Co-workers were a team always, personalities were never an issue, we focused on getting the job done. Management always were mentors and team players.Most enjoyable part of job was completing a project with team, Opening of New Stores, Interaction with Vendors, Involvement in extra activities, such as Yearly Beginning Meetings, Company events, Fundraising events,Nothing in the jobs were difficult, but considered a challenge which made job even more enjoyable.
really enjoyed customer service, dealing with the public and keeping busy. get along with everyone and normal tiredness at end of week is the hardest. I've learned to be more patient and caring. Management has their own priorities ans concerns, they need respect.
Pros
travelling
  1. Administrative Assistant