Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews for Accountant

loved working in the accounting office. quite learning experience. fast paced, detailed oriented, organized, honest, confidential records. great people.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
I was employed for17 years. The place was great at first and slowly progress downhill withtime. All you are is anumber and can easily be replaced. I was capped at $15 hr and no sympathy for employees
It's ok but a typical day. It's tough to keep up with the management as they don't communicate with each other but expects you know everything with lack of training.
The treatment of associates at Walmart is unfair and inhumane. One person may be entitled to call in sick every week, only do half of their work, or show up late without consequences; meanwhile another employee may call in sick 3 times that week for honestly being ill and will receive a coaching.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
low salary, heavy workload
Great place to work with if you are looking for a minimum wage job. They don't pay very much and don't offer much lee-way but if you are just looking for a job where you can perform your set duties, than It's fine. Sometimes they will have you cross-trained and pull you from department to department, and occasionally they are understaffed but that is not up to management so I can't blame them for that. You will always have a few really bad managers but overall, everyone tries to work with you more or less. You might get lucky and find really friendly one which I have, but I have also gotten into my fair share of arguments with the bad ones. Good thing is, bad ones don't stay very long.
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Some bad managers, as with every job.
A day start with lots of Office work I have learnt how we can keep our office clean and organize. Communicate with all Management about the office work communicate with co-workers about the day the hardest part is nothing more then waking up early at 5am Enjoyable part is to catch those people who are doing fraud.
Pros
We get only an hour lunch time.
Cons
Counting all bags seems a lot and take a lot of time on it.
Walmart is a great place to work oh all ages 17-75 fast and friendly place to work its a place everyone knows your name
Pros
good starter money
Cons
part-time hours
fairly busy company, involved in a lot of charity, hardest is when there is lack of staff on the floor to help out, most enjoyable is working with people i can get along with, management is for the most part on top of things, you need to enjoy the job you do to do it right and be able to give good customer service
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?