Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Yorkton, SK

Expect a lot for pay. Some shift changes without agreement. Too lenient with most employees. Meeting and interacting with people is the best part about the job.. nice bonus in April if the store did well all year.
Pros
Try to accommodate hours
Cons
Too lenient
I enjoyed working there I loved my manager she gave my shifts I want.loved my workmates too.if we’re not supposed to move here in Saskatoon I won’t leave Walmart
- opening store for starting the day - scanning customers merchandise through, taking payments, providing discounts, doing a large order for First Nations people - doing returns on merchandise - assisting customers on finding what they are looking for - stocking shelves, - assisting accounting department in cash pick up - working in different departments for break time for other staff - greeting customers at the door - inventory count - days end balancing - following floor plans - sending in reports at days end to head office - calling staff in to replace sick staff - management is fun and always willing to provide constructive information - provide a multi cultural staff - heavy lifting and physically demanding job - working with staff, management, and the customers
Pros
lots of different departments to work in. free courses, medical benefits, interaction with the community, fun place to work at
Cons
physically demanding job, lots of theft.
i enjoyed my time working with them, the team and learning new skills for a food and clothing franchise, i had the opportunity to make a newnlife fpr my kids cuz of i
not much positive to say these days- chronically understaffed with too much work most days for so few people to finish that day. basically go to work there because there's nothing better.
Pros
lots of overtime to finish stocking due to understaffing
Cons
hard work, understaffed, poor morale
Day goes so fast there are many things to do and work with, enjoying talking to customer, Management is super nice people with knowledge and fun. its great place to work
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
no cons yet found
Walmart is the best place I have worked till now. The management is cooperative and understands the needs of the employee. Baking and stocking were the fun part of the job. The hardest part of the job was to work in the freezers for the whole day when the new stock had arrived. The most enjoyable part was cake decoration.
Pros
Break after every 2 hours
Cons
I cannot find any
It was stressful sometimes, but overall not too negative. The other employees really made the job worth going to. There wasn't much to do in my field, but the breaks were long enough.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
not much to do
not much chance of advancement, Not recognized for well done work. Micromanaged in our department. Can be very good work place when we do whats required.
wouldn't work around my college hours. everyone there thought they where better then you or they just wouldn't work at all there was no team atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
everything
easy job, but poor pay, and conditions. Scheduling is somewhat difficult, and not all that easy to fit needs. Care more about their needs than the needs of their employees.
While I was working there, it was enjoyable while it lasted, The people and the environment was very friendly. A typical day was busy and eventful. I learned how important communication was and is. Management was kind and helpful.
Pros
Fun, lenient, friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, busy and rushed, unorganized
Walmart was a great company to work for, as in many workplaces there is a lot of drama but if you ignore it and do your job you will be fine. Ask lots of questions if you are unsure, and make sure that you put yourself and health first.
Pros
very understanding
Cons
new hires were making as much per hour or more than the axxociates there for years
Was overall a great experience working at Walmart meeting new and outgoing co workers. Learning new and exciting ways to get the job done.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
my typical day starts with checking the quality and quantity of goods on shelf of total 6 aisles at walmart. doing necessary price changes for good that has mark up or rollback and then scanning the whole department for expired goods and damaged items. basically it was something to male the department ready to shop for the consumers. i was recruited as a stocker and got promoted in two months as a department manager so that whole learning process includes so many things like daily reports, recruitment, employee retention and managing the staff, managing those worker who works in the shift when I am not around, work allocation and delegation of responsibilities as well as authorities
Pros
I am getting progression in the field where i like to work, doing what I liked so to me that was something i would say a pro
Cons
when the department manager for other department are not around, I was supposed to look after their departments as well, which is quite reasonable, but it often resulted in heavy workload on busy days
It has always been dream to work for biggest company and always get chance to learn something new everyday. best experience ever to serve customer and make them happy its like spreading smile all day..
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Nothing to say..loved to do
Working here was not to bad. I also learned a lot here. Receiving, ordering, helping customers, putting stock away, and doing paper work.
start your morning off with some exercise, to get the blood flowing. interact with other staff. open doors and let customers in. hardest part would be going out in the freezing cold to collect shopping carts, best part was helping customers with their purchases
Pros
always busy
Cons
little pay
My day at work consisted of providing top quality customer service to hundreds of customers a day as a cashier in a fast paced retail environment. I learned to be a efficient and valuable member of a retail team. I also learned how to successfully interact and work effectively within a diverse work team.The most difficult part of my job was remaining level headed and calm while dealing with shop lifting incidents and remaining positive about interacting with the public.The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and providing a enjoyable place for people to shop.
Pros
meeting new people, free parking, discounts on shopping
Cons
low wage, inconsistent treatment from management