Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Yellowknife, NT

Competitive and happy to work with my co workers .stressful sometimes but still manageable.The treatment to the employee is not fair to all.The store was not properly arrange by sequential .Lots of products are always out of stock.
Pros
discount card
Cons
short hours of work
Honestly, there is nothing wrong with it as far as mundane jobs with no potential go. If you pass the probation period, you'll be able to work there in your little blue vest until you die, or until you're dumb enough to steal something. The perfect job for people who just need an income until something better comes along. Good luck out there, people.
Pros
Employee discount, You will be paid on time.
Cons
Pay sucks, uniform sucks, customers are daft hicks and you will be working at walmart.
While working with Walmart the management was quite rude to their employees. I have overheard some racial slurs from some of the other employees, including some of the department managers.
Pros
Dealing with customers
Cons
Disrespectful employers
- On my typical days at work, it wouldn't be super busy, it would be quiet. - Learned that not everything is easy, can be stressful - Some managers were actually pretty mean and rude towards me for no reason sometimes - We're all different and Walmart is a place that allows and let everyone feel equal - The hardest part of the job is the customers, some may be very impatient, some may have just had a bad day and take it out on you, or they can just say very rude things to you. - The most enjoyable part of the job would be
Cons
I really enjoyed working the night shift without having to deal with customers directly. It was awesome cause I wasn't stuck in just one section of the store.
Lots of fun, 100% job security, enormous scope for career development. Work environment is nice. CBLs are designed to make us professionally competent and also tech-sabby.
Wal-Mart Canada is a great place to work. You can develop your skills with thia company and every form of management helps each associate to the beat of their ability
Pros
Help in every way they can. Develop your skills as a worker. Enroll in furthering in the company
Cons
Rude customers every now and then.
Its Walmart. What else can I say? Politics, gossip, good stores, bad stores, good management, bad management. The right people can make the difference, I find that Walmart attracts a lot of the wrong people.
Walmart was my first job and I can honestly say I very much so enjoyed it. Everyone was so nice, my training was short and simple, I got the hang of it very quickly and overall a great job
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
I have been with Walmart since 2009. As like anything, had ups and downs, but would recommend to anyone looking to get into the retail world. Walmart offers you SO many opportunities both at store level as well as at Home Office and in other countries as well. Walmart is all about being ahead of change, and therefor as a Manager, you need to be out in front leading this change. It is a company that moves fast and likes to end up on top, therefor you need to have that same Go-Getter attitude! It is a thrill each day, and each day is completely different from the day before. Its a company that taught me all that I know about how to be the best leader and stay that way. Rah rah Walmart!
Pros
GROWTH opportunity
Cons
Turnover
co-workers were super; management looked down at you; hardest part was not getting a 'thank you' or a 'job well done' from anyone in management. worked hard, accomplished all tasks from getting stock off the pallets; provided the best customer service in helping customers find what they were looking for to selling the products. was there a year before any training.
Pros
local
Cons
management; lack of communication; no training;
It was a fun and productive work environment. Co-workers were nice and friendly people. Working overnight was nice. The most enjoyable part of the day was lunch time because it was quiet and relaxing.
typical day at work was sign into the cash register and wait for customers to come with products and let them pay for the purchase.
Clean work place and bright. This helps make the customer feel better about where they are. Management easy to talk to and very helpful. The staff was over all friendly. Being diabetic standing at cash is difficult. Moving about is very important for the well being of diabetics. I am happiest when busy. I do tend to lose track of time when busy and had to be told to go home because I didn't realize that my shift was over.
Do all price changes. Keep shelves full and make any orders in need. Provide good customer services.
Pros
Options are open at Wal-Mart for those who pursue them
Cons
Some customers treat you like a slave.
I really enjoyed working there, i learned alot about working as a manager. I really liked the Wal Mart employees. The work was very educational
Pros
good experience
Cons
wasnt long enough