Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Yarmouth, NS

Most jobs there are quite simple to complete without messing up however you can never do a good job unless you profit Walmart. You may have done something incredible in your department but unless you made Walmart money or you got someone to apply for their mastercard they won't acknowledge it.
Pros
Great bonuses, easy to change work schedule
Cons
They only care about getting master card applicants
Bad training, rude/angry coworkers. I've never been treated like this at a job before, you will have many bosses all getting after you which is very confusing. the Managers are biased and have each-others back as a way to get one over on the worker, they will not hear you out at all. when i was sick i had called in and had spoken to the hiring personnel and manager who had said they would call me back and never did. i was written up for this called a lair by yet another manager. you will have no idea who to contact you will be minimally trained and left to your own devices. the only interactions with other co workers will be them giving attitude when you make mistakes.
Pros
Knowing where rock bottom is.
Cons
Rude coworkers, Rude management, Biased management, Confusing management system, Confusing computer system, Unfair treatment, Will forget to call you back, Will write you up first and ask questions never, power trip management
when i first started i was super nervous but they went away very quickly. A typical day at work is you walk up to the front and get assigned to a cash register and if its currently not busy you go to the front on your cash which is called red lining and you wait for a customer to come to your cash and you help bag their items. i learned how to work the machines it took some time a couple days but you get a hand of it super quick.The management is amazing there has been some incidents where they can be rude but i love working there because they actually care about you.The hardest part of the job is staying calm when a customer is yelling at you when you did nothing wrong or the price is coming up wrong and you cant do anything and when you ask a manger or who ever is there they get all mad. I love meeting new people i used to be a shy person but sense working at Walmart i have came out of that.
Walmart is a great job for someone who is working part time and attending school at the same time. The managers at this store are very respectful and curtious
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
co workers
They are very flexible when it comes to ask for a day off, especially when it comes to medical appoinments. I seem to have no problem dealing with co-workers,
This job is good for short term employment. The pay is not enough for the amount of work you do and for the amount of hours you work. If you are seeking a part time job where you can enjoy every shift, this is not the job for you.
The best part was working with the customers. I worked on cash, in layaway and the customer service desk. Hardest part was being on my feet 8 hours a day and pregnant.
Long hours, Low Pay in comparison for the work done, Working nights in general is hard on your social life Problems never seemed to get solved even when verbally addressed to management.
My day at this company involved wahing transport truck and trailers.i used a high powered pressure waher system and worked with chemicals,As the trucks would arrive they would need to be pressure washed inside and out,management at this job was great,the owner was afriend of ours for years,hardest part of this job was working outside in the cold winter months,My most enjoyable part was answering phones and doing office files.I learned to be fast at my job and to be able to do the best job possible.
Pros
i was five minute drive from home
Cons
it was cold working outside in the winter
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
I love working with the elderly they know so much and it is wonderful listening to them
Cons
hours are 12 hour shifts